3.116 data gone

Right now all data are gone, widgets are empty. All sources cannot be updated:

1 Like

@marcin.czopik Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for using Flowx. I’m only a fellow user it’s working for me. Have you closed and restarted the app? Have you tried cleaning App cache?

Sure, those are obvious steps :grinning: but still this didn’t helped. Also I’ve changed connection type etc. But still there’s no data. Unfortunately I’m not able to collect debugging data directly from app, there’s some error “failed to export log”

1 Like

Phone reboot solved the problem, so it seems that there’s some issue in app. I’ve changed topic, too not mislead.
@duane I’ll share you internal logs by email, as always

1 Like

Greetings from Rarotonga @marcin.czopik, It’s good to see you here :slight_smile:

Thanks for the log, I did find something:
System.err: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.enzuredigital.weatherbomb/files/datasources/gfs.json (Permission denied)

Other users have reported this before and at times it’s come right, but one user did find “Storage Permissions” for Flowx were turned off. I don’t know how this happens, I certainly don’t do anything in code to change storage permissions.

Maybe, I need to check for this and bring up an alert box and/or ask for the permission.

This is also why you couldn’t send the debug log, because it couldn’t write it to disk first.

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

@duane Nice to see you too, long time we didn’t contacted, which means application works as a charm :smiley:

I’ve recently changed my device and restored Flowx from backup created on previous phone. So it was installed by backup not from play store, such solution is always messing with permissions since it cannot be granted. App is actually copy of already installed instance, not new one with granted permissions. So right, checkin and asking to grant them would be useful thing in such condition.

But weird thing is that Flowx was working fine for few days before yesterday failure.

2 Likes

There is some super weird stuff going on. After updates on Android 9+, permissions can be revoked. I’ll have to look into it.

2 Likes