[Fixed] Bug: after app restart scale shown under map is changed

Continuing the discussion from Release 3.284 (2 Sep 2020) Beta:

To replicate this bug:

1. Turn on the “Precipitation” data, and see the “mm/h” scale. (Under the map)
  2. Turn on the “Total Cloud” data, and see it change to the “%” scale.
  3. Turn on the “Radar” data, and see the “dBz” scale.
  4. Restart the flowx app.
    What scale is shown?
    I would espect the “dBz” scale, since it was the last one turned on, but now I see the “%” scale (the semi last one turned on).
  5. Turn “Precipitation” off and then on, (showing the “mm/h” scale.
  6. Turn the “Total Cloud” off and then on, (showing the “%” scale).
  7. Restart the flowx app.
    What scale is now shown?
    I would now espect the “%” scale, since it now was the last one turned on, but this time I see the “mm/h” scale (again the semi last one turned on).
1 Like

@Ohan
works fine for me did what you described above close app whatever I selected last is what’s there upon restarting. did you try all the usual troubleshooting cache clear data clear uninstall and reinstall?

2 Likes

As Ohan.

After start-up, the penultimate activated metric appears on the map bar scale.

1 Like

very interesting crazy how some have issues and some don’t

2 Likes

That was on my Huawei phone but on my Samsung tablet, also on Android 10, the last metric activated appears on the map bar scale after a restart. Weird!

2 Likes

@Alex I have a Samsung Android 9 wonder if that’s why at times I don’t see or can’t reproduce the problem :thinking:

2 Likes

That sounds like a pretty good explanation to me.

2 Likes

I see this on android 7.1.1 and on Android 8.1.0.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s because after every 3rd or 4th update I do a fresh install :thinking:

2 Likes

At lest on, android 7.1.1, a full reinstall of the app did not help, still the same issue: the penultimate activated metric bar scale after app restart.

And now I’ll need to re-apply my settings…

2 Likes

And for some reason, the settings export failed. The file exist but it is corrupt and can not be imported.

Update: the file is OK. It was just that I sent it to myself via Gmail. And the first time I downloaded it back to the phone, it failed for some reason.

Seams ok

2 Likes

This one is now fixed in update:

2 Likes

Thanks for these detailed replication reports. It made it easy for me to power through the bugs without spending heaps of time trying to replicate the issue.

2 Likes