[Fixed] Bug for Compare graphs + "Travel mode" [Confirmed] (continuation of older bug)

Who else can replicate this bug?

I see a mismatch between the graphs on top of the maps compared to the same graph in “compare mode”.

I only see this for locations with “Travel mode” turned on. On other locations the graphs in compare mode are identical to the corresponding normal mode ones.

I see this bug in both v3.268 and in v3.266.

The mismatch is showing minor differences, but still notable. (It is as if the compare mode is from older versions of the forecast for the same time, but that does not add upp completely eather.)

2 Likes

I’ve just tried this. In Compare mode all precipitation graphs are the same in Travel mode or normal mode.

HTH

Al

2 Likes

I get the same result as Alex

4 Likes

I have an idea for why this bug is mostly not noticeable. I’m guessing that you, who don’t see it are currently in the location that your travel mode location was created from.

New details for trying to reproduce the bug, try this:

1. Tap “Add place” and point it at somewhere else than where you currently are located.
  2. Turn on Travel mode for that Place.
  3. Compare graph apove map, with the corresponding graph in compare mode.

If you see a difference (like I do now) then the bug is connected to that even locations with “Travel mode” on has a fixed location associated with it, and that the compare mode is showing the graphs for the saved fixed place instead of respecting a “Travel mode” setting.

2 Likes

No difference.

4 Likes

@alex, thanks for trying this out.

To me it seams like you are comparing two images both in “compare mode”. I’m talking about comparing the graph as it is shown above the map with how it looks in compare mode.

2 Likes

Here is my example:

• the top part, above the white horisontalt line, is from compare mode, and this is the one showing the weather from the fixed location that happens to also be saved with a Place with travel mode on, so this compare mode graph is not respecting the travel mode setting.
  • the bottom part, below the white horisontalt line, is the graph as shown above the map. It is slightly, but notable difrent, and I believe that the difference comes from that fact that tavel mode is on, and this graph is respecting the travel mode setting.
1 Like

I just confirmed that if I open a Place that is far away from where I currently am, and turn on travel mode in that one, the difference between the above-the-map grap and the corresponding in-compare-mode graph is eaven greater.

1 Like

Agreed.
Compare mode remains with the location where Travel mode was activated.

1 Like

@Ohan is the fixed location the same as the location in travel mode? example “tree” and then “tree” in travel mode

1 Like

if so I can see why there is a difference. I can go less than a mile from my house and get different readings less than 2 miles another set of readings and from my home to the Northside of town a more extreme difference in readings. all do to elevation and topography

3 Likes

Sorry if I’m confusing.
By “location” I ment a “place” as in one saved item in the list of places in flowx.

1 Like

I went beck to edit “location” to “Place”. Hope it’s more clear.

Yes, it is within the same “Place” (as in saved flowx entry) that this bug occurs.

When travel mode is on, and you are physically in another location than where the Place where showing before you turned on travel mode,

then the graphs above the map will show the data for your GPS location,

but in compare mode the graphs are still showing the data from the old location,

as if it don’t care that “Travel mode” is on.

2 Likes

I get that is it the same place added 2 times one normal one in travel mode or just the one location then you put it in travel mode

2 Likes

Yes, this one

2 Likes

I’ve tried several different things but can’t reproduce it not saying nothing is wrong could be acting up on different versions of Android. either way it is an odd one

1 Like

@BrianLY-38 Try this.

1. Open a saved Place far away from where you are now. (With travel mode off.)
  2. Take a print screen of the compare graphs mode.
  3. Turn on travel mode. (Now data from your current GPS-location should be displayed.)
  4. Open compare mode again, and take a new print screen.

If the print screens from 2. and 4. are different, then you are not affected by this bug.

But if they are identical, then there is a bug.

(Or you have managed to choose a location far away that happens to have the exact same forecast as where you are now according to your GPS…)

1 Like

that’s why I mentioned android versions as I tried the way you described along with other ways and can’t reproduce. Sorry. like I said before I’m not saying there is nothing wrong as Duane has put it on his to check list

3 Likes

So in your case the print screens from 2. and 4. are different?

2 Likes

@Ohan yes graphs are different

2 Likes