Frost warnings

Blow my mind! Wow, I could see here how a social aspect of weather could happen through Flowx. It would be interesting to have access to “dirt farmers” creations if an accompanying summary was provide with what and why. And, all the other interesting hobbyist, citizen scientists, professions… which use weather data. That’s a bit more than a task, that’s a roadmap!

1 Like

I agree. We just need a separation with Flowx. It could be a separate forum category. I have to be careful because it I get involved in too many projects, I have less time to add new data and features to Flowx.

3 Likes

What happened to this consept?

1 Like

On the to do list

1 Like

just an idea: isn’t frost if temperature falls below dew point temperature (and dew point temperature is below 0 °C, otherweise it’s dew or fog) - just my understanding of what dew point means …

1 Like

Hi and welcome @mbobrovs,

Yes, it might well be but I’m not in the position to start making predictions for a few reasons. I’m not skilled in that area and if the frost predictions are wrong - whether due to the formula used, the code or the input data (predicted dew point) being wrong - I will be the one having to field the emails. My plate is full with development of just the app and support.

For example, there are many ways to calculate probability of precipitation or “feels like” temperature.

My preference is that someone else makes the predictions and I add it to the app. If there is any issues, I can redirect users to the source of the predictions. It’s so much easier :slight_smile:

Really, I don’t have the resources to do predictions.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Hi Duane

Fairly new to the app, but wondering if you could create a function so there are alerts when temperature (or other weather conditions) are predicted to be in a certain range?

Thanks!
Michelle

1 Like

@Mkosovec Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for using Flowx

1 Like

I believe that something like what you @Mkosovec are asking for is already on @duanes list of things to add:

2 Likes

I don’t plan to weather alerts issued by Met Services. But I do have a notification editor on the todo list where you can create your own notifications.

2 Likes

Yes - that is what I was hoping for! Thanks so much! and thanks for the quick response!

2 Likes