Graph data update issue possibly introduced in 3.106

Hello all,

Sorry for the late check in, late night and perfect sleeping weather. :grin:

So as indicated I did set my widget to 5 days last night. Opened FlowX this morning and voila, the graph was drawn half way, so Duane is on to something regarding the widget data only drawing during the anomaly. Again, a touch of the screen and it instantly redraws and shows a full graph. (I am now unable to upload my screenshots, get a notice that they exceed 4096k) but it shows a half drawn graph.

Going to send the debug log to Duane here in a moment.

Thanks @BrianLY-38 and @FlowxLloyd for weighing in, hopefully we can get enough data together to pin it down for @duane without him having to spend a ton of time on it. I’m absolutely 100% certain this particular anomaly first appeared in this 3.106 release though, so that should help narrow it down a bit.

I’ll be back soon, looking forward to @BrianLY-38 results and how @FlowxLloyd new issue affect this.

Inbound debug log with the 5 day widget info @duane. Thanks for all the hard work!

2 Likes

Howdy I can’t recreate either @Kevin or @FlowxLloyd issues

2 Likes

Ugh, frustrating but thanks for the effort @BrianLY-38, I know that 8 hours wait is a looong time, I often open FlowX almost out of habit, really had to stop myself while reproducing the bug!

I considered uninstalling/power down/reinstalling but at this point I’ll hold to see what else comes in on this and give @duane a chance to view the logs and see what if anything is revealed.

1 Like

I hear ya there @Kevin I open several times a day same with the Forum right now I’m having server issues App loading slow with missing data couldn’t access Forum so had to switch from wifi to data.

1 Like

Man the weather is CRAZY here…those highs!! Those lows!!! Brutal!!

:crazy_face:. Seriously though, this never happened before and I can’t get it to reproduce so it was probably just a goofy one time thing. Happened after a power down/up, this is how the widget populated. I opened FlowX, closed it, it was still there. I refreshed the widget and it went away. Figured I’d toss it into the mix here with this bug as it was a graph draw anomaly, and those numbers may represent some coded limits @duane may recognize and know where to look. Not a big deal though, hopefully it may help resolve this graph issue in some way

1 Like

@Kevin you better run and hide lol

1 Like

LOL, gotta be honest, after the 2 near 100F days we just had here I’d almost welcome nearly 10,000 below zero!

1 Like

This is all fixed now. I accidentally commented out one line of code.

Regarding the extremely high/low, I think this happens when there is a corrupted or incomplete download. Trying to replicate a corrupted or incomplete download is very hard so I’ve never bothered trying to find this rare bug.

However, what usually happens is that one day I refactor or replace the bad code. In other words, it’ll likely be fixed through the natural evolution of the code.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

Heya @duane!

Great to hear you nailed it down, thanks! These are indeed minor bugs so makes sense that, once found, they’d be fixed up in the next release as opposed to pushing out a separate release for this stuff.

On the rare bug that explanation makes sense, thanks.

Thanks again, glad ya found the culprit! Have a nice weekend all!

K

1 Like