Guessed Location and Delete a Place

Hello guys,
First time here, I recently downloaded FlowX on my test phone and FlowX works great and detected my location(city). However after testing for a few days and wanted to install onto my main phone (note 10+) and the main phone is showing a guessed location that’s some where on the pacific ocean. My question is, why one phone is detecting the location properly, while the other one is not? both phones are using the same wifi network, the only difference is the main phone has cellular and the test phone does not (wifi only).

Also is there a way to delete a place? I was only able to reorganize the places, but can’t seem to delete them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Howard

1 Like

@Howard Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

select the location you want to delete then select the 3 vertical dots on the top right Then select delete place. as far as location no idea never had that issue strange

1 Like

Hello Brian,

Thank you for the tip on how to delete the place. Probably a good idea to have the organize and delete place in the same section, but it’s only a suggestion.

Yeah, I have no idea either as to why my phone would say can not detect location and give me an guessed location that’s on the Pacific Ocean. :smiley:

1 Like

Another question, when adding a manual place, is there a way to edit the city’s name in place? Since the city’s name is wrong.

2 Likes

@Howard select the 3 vertical dots on the right side again then select edit place

1 Like

Hi,

The place is guessed from you IP Address. This is so we don’t have to ask for location permissions - i.e., to respect your privacy. It must’ve struggled to guess your location from the IP address or something went wrong like the network connection was down, it which case it’ll default to New Zealand.

There is a Editors > Places where I plan to have editing and deleting in one place. I haven’t finished the feature yet.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes