Help with conversion to new (used) phone

I’m a Flowx Pro subscriber working to extract myself from Google. (I know, I know, it’s like saying “I want to find a way to file off my nose, can you help me?”) Is there a way I can migrate my app to my new nearly-Google-free Android MotoG3 and preserve my Pro features?

I am unable to contact you all through the app, the feature doesn’t function correctly.

I can provide the debug log (per another post) or whatever other information I have available for your use.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@MoonlightWeather if you can access Google play with the same account you used to get Flowx there should be no problem

1 Like

Thank you, Brian. I’m doing my best to prevent Google from having access to my new(er) machine. Forgive my paranoia–it’s just a quirk.

Here’s a thought. I’m a Linux guy, reasonably tech-savvy, and I can move an apk from my old machine to my new machine with adb. (At least I can follow the recipe!) Would there be a way to do that for my Flowx apk with Flowx’s permission, and have it recognized as connected to my Pro subscription?

2 Likes

That would be a question for @duane since I’m just a fellow user myself helping Duane out here on the forum. But Great Question

1 Like

Brian, perhaps you can help me with the process if I were to download Flowx from the Play Store onto my new phone. How would I proceed to connect that to my Pro account, if you know?

Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes

All that should be needed is log in to Google Play with the same account you originally downloaded Flowx with

1 Like

Brian, again, thank you. One more question, if I could trouble you; how might I check with Duane to see about that apk transfer and subsequent connection of the app on my new phone to my Pro account? Does Duane just need to notice our thread, or is there a way to contact him directly with my question? Again, my Feedback communication feature isn’t working for me. That path forward of moving the apk would help me maintain independence from Google on my new phone. Sorry to be troublesome, and I appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

@MoonlightWeather glad I was able to help. @duane will notice the post it never takes too long.

1 Like

Much obliged! May your health, and your soul’s health, stay strong!

2 Likes

Same to you :+1:

1 Like

Hi @MoonlightWeather and welcome back!

Strange that the:

You can email him:
masterbuilders@flowx.io

Or as @BrianLY-38 said, it will normally not take long until he’ll respond here.

1 Like

Thank you, Ohan! I have a Moto G 1st Generation, and I think it’s getting tired. On clicking the “Contact Flowx” link, an on-screen popup reports, “The location Hi Duane, \n\n Flowx 3244G | Android 5.1 | XT1031 cannot be played.” Just FYI, since you mentioned it.

2 Likes

Hi @MoonlightWeather,

Apologies for the late reply. I was watching. I was just busy with long day at work then having a beer with Sally. Of-course, we discussed the future of Flowx.

As a avid Linux user myself, I can understand what you’re trying to do and why. I can send you a link to an APK but sorry I cannot fix the pro version thing - this does require Flowx checking Google Play Services to check your subscription. There might be a way around this but it would be a hack. I will think about how to do this. I also have to be careful since Google/Apple can be picky with their policies for their platform.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Duane, thank you for the great app, and please don’t apologize–your response was still timely. I think I need to just bite the bullet and log in to my Google account on the new hardware. So once the app is fully configured, I should uninstall it from my old phone, I presume.

2 Likes

@MoonlightWeather, I have thought the same thing. One idea I think about is to muddy the waters. So start sending fake browsing histories. If you look at everything on the web then it’s difficult for them to categorise you and target advertising at you. If most people looked at everything on the web it’ll get even more difficult. In other words, what happens if we start spamming their tracking?

2 Likes

Mmmm…okay, you have me thinking programmatically…at my age that’s dangerous, but still worth doing…thanks for planting the seed…

2 Likes