[Solved] Level of zoom is different in free vs Silver vs Gold

New flowx user here. Love the app and intend to purchase the pro version. The level of zoom, however, is disappointing. Will I be able to zoom in more with the pro than I’m able to with the non-pro version? I love in Connecticut and I can’t zoom in past the Regional level.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Robdam1001 below is the screen shot I took of the same area

1 Like

@Robdam1001 Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx Sorry should of posted this 1st

2 Likes

OK so why are you able to zoom in more than I can? I’m on android 10, OnePlus 8 Pro, not rooted.

1 Like

@Robdam1001 to be honest I’m not sure I’m a gold user but couldn’t find anything saying zoom in further with or without gold status.

1 Like

Well that’s disappointing. I can’t see myself investing in a service that’s as intermittent as flowx is. Hopefully, it’s simply a setting that I can edit. Will the dev weigh in here?

1 Like

@Robdam1001 am looking for any info I know with pro you can zoom out further so it is possible you can also zoom further in

2 Likes

OK good. That’s encouraging to hear. Thanks so much @BrianLY-38

2 Likes

@Robdam1001 yes @sally or @duane will read this and have a clearer answer. I’m just a fellow user trying to help out and continue to learn.

2 Likes

I tried your location and cannot zoom in more than your screenshot.

1 Like

Hello all,

Zoom is less in free vs Silver vs Gold. This is because of the resolution of the data sources. GFS and GDPS has a 25km and 15 km grid spacing. When you zoom right in for the free version should be around 8 data points across the screen. Having less points than this doesn’t make sense because it’s below the resolution of the simulations, i.e., just look at the graphs, or a traditional weather app and it looks clunky. Or you miss the big picture which is far more valuable. This is a personal opinion but your missing “Forest from the trees”.

Essentially many users get the false perception they get more resolution as they zoom in more.

So as you use the HRRR (3km) or Arome (2.2km) models I add more zoom.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

I just upgraded from free to silver and am unable to zoom in any further. Very frustrating

2 Likes

@Robdam1001 very interesting. in settings do you have full screen and world view selected?

1 Like

Quit the app by swiping it out of your history stack. This will restart the app from scratch and should see the zoom.

2 Likes

@duane figures it be something simple :joy::joy:

1 Like

Thanks, that did not fix my issue unfortunately.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t see HRRR or Arome listed

1 Like

I tried it too and it works for me

3 Likes

Are you Silver or Gold? Maybe I need Gold? Can’t afford Gold, unfortunately. I REALLY like this app!

2 Likes