Map Zooming

The map does not allow me to zoom in. I have purchsed the silver option but still cannot zoom in unlike many free weather apps. Is there a reason zooming is not included?

2 Likes

@Merlin Hello and Welcome to Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

pinch to zoom in not sure if you tried that

1 Like

You should be able to zoom right in with any pro subscription. Maybe try quitting and reload Flowx for that setting to change.

The reason the free account has limited zoom is because if you zoomed in anymore than allowed, you would have less than 1 data point shown on the screen. When this happens then, it is no different than looking at the graphs or gauges.

Also the maps tiles are costly especially when I used Google Maps. Given over 90% of users are free users with no ad revenue, it was s sunk cost.

3 Likes

Zooming works fine here.
I have a list of places which I monitor. My problem is that if I zoom one place, all other places are also zoomed to that same level. It would be nice to have separate zoom levels for each place.

2 Likes

The global setting for zoom has existed forever and I can’t remember if anyone has asked for “per-place zoom” so it’ll be hard to change as the default. It’ll have to be a setting.

It’ll be interesting to how many people would want this feature.

3 Likes

It has been requested before, I think:

1 Like

Hi Duane, problem for me is that i uninstalled and reinstalled flowx and i am sure that originally with pro i could zoom right in. Now after reinstalling it shows pro but i can’t zoom that far in before it stops. Not sure if something happened with reinstallation ?

2 Likes

You should be able to zoom right in with the pro version.

Did you quit the app and re-open it?

Can you post a screenshot of the app fully zoomed in?

Can you send me the debug log via “Feedback” in the side menu?

2 Likes

Yes please!