NOAA data is not updating

Hello all,

NOAA is upgrading some of their servers and ran into some issues which is delaying the output of their weather data. There is no ETA for when this will be fixed but I’ll keep you updated.

Affected data sources are:

• GFS
  • HRRR
  • NAM3
  • NAM12
  • Storm tracks
  • NWW3

Cheers, Duane.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if something similar to last time had happened. Sounds like they’re trying to prevent that from happening again which is much appreciated if true.

Thanks as always for the awesome app!

2 Likes

Not sure what happened but it was supposed to be a 3-6 hour upgrade of their systems and it sounds like it went south. Here is my last update from last night. Sounds pretty stressful in the office.

I’m currently semi-manually downloading the big GFS files (~90GB) to update GFS and also looking at this alternative fast downloading process.

4 Likes

A quick update. NOAA has restored some services but my scripts are still struggling to update the data.

I have found a work around and have it working for GFS. YAY. I just need to update my other scripts for HRRR, NAM and MWW3 (waves). I hope to get this all done today.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

HRRR is back now. Yay!

Will work on MWW3 wave data now.

Unfortunately the NAM 3km and NAM 12km is still unavailable on the NOAA servers to be processed :frowning: but I’ll keep check for it.

2 Likes

MWW3 wave data is back up.

It looks like NAM 3km and NAM 12km is updating on the NOAA servers. I hope to get these going tonight.

2 Likes

OK, now NAM 3km and NAM 12km is all updating except for snow data - I’ll work on this tomorrow. Hopefully, it keeps updating.

In the process of fixing these I broke CAMS air quality updating but I’ll look into this tomorrow as well.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

@duane Appreciate All Your Hard Work Thank You :+1::beers:

4 Likes

Finally, after a week of disruptions we are back and stronger than last time.

Snow is all fixed and I fixed the long term bug of GFS snow not working :slight_smile:

6 Likes

NOAA must be having issues again no :wind_face: wind vectors for NOAA Models however the Canadian Models have :wind_face: Vectors

3 Likes

Yes, they have. It caused more havoc. A couple of my servers ran out of disk space. I’m fixing it now and it’s close to completing.

Which data sources are you having issue with?

2 Likes

@duane all the NOAA and the DWD

2 Likes

@duane come to think about it I heard on the news something about NOAA servers are running out of room there is more to it but I can’t remember

1 Like

I’m not seeing these issues and all the servers are fine. All data is up-to-date with only RTOFS in the queue to be competed.

2 Likes

after complete uninstall and reinstall all is good :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@duane spoke to soon I sent 2 debug log 1 before reinstall recent is after reinstall. I closed the app after a couple minutes reopened and NOAA Wind Vectors gone but the CMC Model’s work fine