Release 3.284 (2 Sep 2020) Beta

Release 3.284 (2 Sep 2020)Beta

Sorry for the slow update. Time was spent on background work and this new data took ages to add.

• NEW DATA: CAMS Air Quality data. This is a submenu with PM2.5, PM10, NO2, SO2, CO and O3 options.

• NEW GLOBAL MENUS: There is now only one map data menu which is shared by all places. This simplifies the menu, UX and code for maintenance.

• Per-Place-Menus: If you want a different menu for each place, please share your views on the forum.

5 Likes

@duane I don’t like the Air Quality because it shows just how crapy the air we breath is :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I actually do like it cause I don’t have to look it up separately Great Update.

4 Likes

I also thought it might take longer to load a location do to extra data at least for me it doesn’t which is Nice.

3 Likes

@BrianLY-38 - I noticed you mentioned the version is 2.384, but my version is showing 3.282 (Also Sept 2, 2020). I’m on Android - is the version you mentioned for iOS or should they be the same across platforms?

3 Likes

@Bill it’s the new Beta Version 2.384 number is wrong it should be 3.284

4 Likes

Well done. Works a treat. No probs.:blush::+1:

3 Likes

Got it - thanks

3 Likes

Yes, the numbering is of in a couple of places in this one.

In the info menu in the Flowx app it says 3.284, and same version number is found under “App info” at the bottom of the “About this app” in the Google play store.

The “What new” messege at the Google play store has the first two digets in incorrect order (2.384), and the “What new” pop up messege in the Flowx app (shown at app start after updating) has another incorrect version number 3.282 for 2 Sep 2020.

Presumably a hotfix was added to 3.282 to make it 3.284, but the “What new” pop up messege in the Flowx app was not updated.

Cool update though!

2 Likes

Yes, it was a hotfix. Sorry, I forgot to update some numbers - just choose whichever suits you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

KNOWN ISSUE: Sun and Moon layer is causing some issues with layers (especially the map layer) turning on and off. I’ve had few reports come in about this. I can replicate the bug so I should have it fixed in the next release.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

Bugs fixed in the upcoming 3.286 release:

• sun/moon layer making the map disappear
  • wrong scales on reopen
  • snow disabled icon bug - I couldn’t replicate the bug but found something similar which may fix it.
2 Likes

Is called “Release 2.386 (6 Sep 2020)” in the “What’s new” section on play store.
(The 4 is updated to a 6, but the 2 and the 3 are in wrong order.

(“What’s new”-pop up in app has correctet number.)

I can confirm this working properly in 3.286.

1 Like

Any chance you could show the air quality in the EPA Air Quality Index (AQI) scale instead of the raw data? It provides a constant scale across multiple pollutants and is more widely used in the US than the raw data.

Also, is there a way to see the air quality value at the selected location? The temperature, rain and wind are shown, but that isn’t as relevant when looking at non temperature/rain/wind graphs.

1 Like

So this!! I really wanted to do AQI but it needed much changes to the code and it was too much for a single release. It would cause too many bugs. So instead I went half measure and once I implement AQI, I’ll make it default. I’ll also add a max AQI based on all pollutants.

Regarding the graphs, I developed this so long ago I didn’t anticipate other data. This too requires a bit of code change, but it’s high on my todo list. I’m thinking about an option for bar graph based on the colors for AQI.

I want to add the CAMS fire data and high-res air quality data too.

I totally agree, it’s just about releasing something today and the rest tomorrow.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

@Brian Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

3 Likes

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere but I’ve been unable to find an answer by searching. Are hurricane tracks disabled? There’s no icon after updating to 3.286 (6 Sep 2020). I had the icon but no tracks would show. Reinstalled and now no icon.

2 Likes

@deltamike tap the 3 dots top right then tap edit data 4th one on the list is hurricane tracks

2 Likes

That’s it! Thank you @BrianLY-38!

3 Likes

@deltamike Very Welcome glad I could help you.

2 Likes