Release 3.342 (17 Oct 21)Beta

Release 3.342 (17 Oct 21)Beta

Wow, it’s truly been a long time between drinks. I’ve been busy rewriting the backend of Flowx to allow new features.

This release updates the Google Play billing library which is required by Google on the 1st of Nov.

This is a major change that replaces some very old code so I expect a bug or two.

Please email me if you see any bugs. Thanks for your patience.

if You Have the issues listed below please visit Bugs Category

1. Android 12 is causing the widgets to crash.
  2. Recognizing Pro Versions.
4 Likes

Got problems with detection of my Gold-subscription whenever the flowx app is started

when i switch to another location it finds the subscription and i can activate my favorite weather model

3 Likes

I also had issues with Gold not getting recognized, but after a device reboot it worked.

Two days ago I upgraded to Android 12 and now the widget is not working. It occupies space, but has no content, is transparent and does not react to touches (I can tap anywhere in the area, but no configuration activity pops up). Deleting and recreating the widget does not solve the problem. I can’t remember if it worked yesterday.

Actually, now that I tried to recreate the widget again, Gold subscription was no longer available for me while creating the widget. When I then started the app, it told me that “DWD Icon-D2 is not available for your pro level. Falling back to GFS.”. But then I can select “DWD Icon-D2” again and it shows me the “DWD Icon-D2” data and when I zoom it appears to load the correct data. But when I close the app (swype it away, not just let it go to background so that it stays in memory) and then restart it, it tells me that I am not in pro level. Totally reproducible.

In “Pro Version” in the sidebar it also tells me that I do own Gold. It’s just a startup thing which drops me back to free.

Sending you a debug log.

Above refers to a Pixel 3. I also have a Xiaomi phone and a Samsung tablet which is on this beta, there all works just fine.

2 Likes

There are two issues here:

1. Android 12 is causing the widgets to crash. I’ve had a few reports and will fix this in the next release.

2. recognising pro versions is too slow on some phones. When the app opens, Flowx asks Google Play for a list of pro purchases but on some phones Google Play takes too long to reply, i.e., after the map is showing. So Flowx thinks you don’t have pro and falls back to the free version.

I’ll add code to save the pro state between opens and hopefully this gets past this.

4 Likes

Got this the first time since i use flowx several years with this Version.

2 Likes

Which one are you talking about? Got what? which version? - this is why topics with multiple issues are confusing. Really this should be two different posts.

2 Likes

@duane I made a bug post for Android 12 and the Widget :+1::+1:

And Gold Subscription issue

3 Likes

Can confirm that v3.344 fixed both issues. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for update. The Beta testing is how I find problems because I reinstall my Flowx every time I develop so I don’t have the long term history normal users have. Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes