Sun/moon rise/set time, direction and cloud free path calculator

There is UV radiation data available from the met orgs but I don’t know how it related to the UV level or index. The value are in W/m^2 (I think).

I know the smart guys who make UV Lens - you could try this out as a comparison. Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

Hi! @duane

Happy new year, and congratulations on the progress with your house!

As and attempt to reboot/revive this thread, I wounder how things are going with these plans:

For scroll-free context:

And furher:

Where the 1,000 km, 450 km and 160 km refers to

for Noctilucent clouds, Cumulonimbus cloud, and “typical, run-of-the-mill, (non-storm Cumulus) cloud” respectively, given their normal heights and the curvature of the earth.

Hope you’re doing well, and that these features can climb in preority.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @Ohan,

It might be a quiet next half a year feature-wise. I’ve decided to start the Apple version myself and have a good crack at it. This means there will be less of my time for Android. I will add features and new data to Android but they will slow coming.

Why? Androids revenue didn’t grow as expected last year. I was expecting for revenue to cover 100%+ of costs which would allow me to hire help to go to Apple. It didn’t happen. We’re at 70% covering costs. It was quite depressing knowing it’ll be another year of scraping by. So I decided that I would do Apple since there is a high chance it’ll 2-4x the revenue. This is a hard choice to make since it’s risky and may take a long time to get something out.

Adding small features like sunrise/set will not grow revenue significantly, if at all. In fact, prompting users to buy, new articles, blogs, top-ten articles grow Flowx a lot more.

This is the reality I’ve learnt over the 8 years of developing apps.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Makes totalt sense!

Sad to hear that growth was less than expected, but on the upside once the apple version comes out I will be able promote this awesome app to more of my friends!

Cheers!

1 Like

The other upside is that if we get 2-4x increase in revenue, we can hire help and development for both Android and Apple will be much faster and we’ll be in a far better place in the long term.

In other words, we’re playing the long game.

Hopefully, it’ll be 6-12 months of hard slog and we’ll be in a better place.

2 Likes

I echo @Ohan

I too am sorry growth was less :frowning:
Flowx is an Amazing App and By Far the Best App on the Market

2 Likes