[Fixed] Wind indicator shows wrong wind direction using DWD

@Ohan that’s why I was saying things looked correct because I thought the icon was like

therefore pointing correctly :exploding_head::exploding_head:
My Sincerest Apologizes to @tiwag & @Alex My :eyes: have been opened :flushed::flushed::exploding_head::exploding_head::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hi all,

Sorry for being late to this conversation.

Yes, there is a bug with the DWD data wind direction for the wind direction icon. I thought I fix this - maybe I accidentally commented out the code.

Yes, the icon is a wind vector pointing in the direction the wind is going towards. The dot in the middle of the icon is supposed to be you. The idea is that the icon shows both the direction the wind is flowing to (arrow) and the direction the wind is flowing from (where the arrow is in the circle).

There are no wind barbs.

3 Likes

@duane I knew you would bail me out :joy::joy: Thanks Appreciate the Clarification

1 Like

if I’d wear my glasses :eyeglasses: like I’m supposed too the quote below wouldn’t be embarrassing :joy: as the icon is quite noticeable :joy::joy::joy:

I increased font size and screen zoom yet again to avoid my :eyeglasses::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Could you already have a look at this bug ?

2 Likes

It bugs me every day … :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes

@tiwag since

it might not get addressed but then again @duane will see this however it will be fixed at some point just hang in there

3 Likes

Its a shame, this bug still exists too

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing this bug with 3.322
:+1:

3 Likes

This was a fix I made on the server. I used a different software to calculate the icon wind and it require a different equation.

That said, I’m still struggling to get ICON and ICON EU to draw streamlines.

2 Likes