Any Android 10 bugs

Is anyone using the latest Android 10? Do you see any bugs?

I’ve had a bug report for the layering of precipitation for high resolution data (see pic).

1 Like

Here’s a few pics of mine (FV3)

Bug - ? - don’t know - peculiar, yes. Not like the first one though - so, ?
Pixel 2 XL

1 Like

Thanks @Windsailor. This bug probably won’t show with FV3. It occurs when you have one data source over another, e.g., ICON over GFS. Do you have ICON?

2 Likes

Here is ICON, but I don’t know how to put it over GFS… Cloud cover is included - ?

2 Likes

Looks ok to me. It think it’s a sporadic loading issue.

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

Widget - updating - has gotten worse.
With 9 All I had to do was delete the widget and reinstall it, and it would update regularly.
With 10, I can reinstall the widget and it will never update automatically. I have to manually press the update symbol on the widget to get it to update every single time - just so you know -

1 Like

Hi @Windsailor,

Sorry about this. It’s odd that it’s gotten worse since I haven’t touched that part of the code. Do you save to the SD card? And is Android Settings > Apps > Flowx > Permissions > Storage turned on? Sorry if I’ve asked you this before - things roll out of my memory quickly these days.

I am just about to start working on the “Nightly Purge” code in order to improve the app speed. This is the precursor to rewriting the widget code since it’s based on the scheduled jobs used in “Nightly Purge”. So I’m thinking you’ll start seeing something in the next two releases. I might send a quick hack to you early to see if it improves things.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

It has all the permissions, and there is no SD card capability with the Pixel 2 XL.
I’ve had other ‘3rd party’ apps develop issues - not really compatibility with Android 10 - I have had to go back and delete the Cache and Storage to get them working again.
I am tempted to try iOS - never have done that - just for grins -

I will setup a Android 10 emulator and see if I can see the problems. The problem with an emulator is that I don’t use it much. I have to force myself to use it.

You won’t have any Flowx issues on iOS - mainly because Flowx doesn’t exist on iOS :wink:

3 Likes

Yay, version 3.208 is in beta with the new automatic widget update process.

Try it out and watch that it’s updating every 30 minutes.

If you see issues, go into the settings and turn on “Foreground Widget Updates”.

If you want bonus points, reset the battery optimization settings for Flowx in the Android settings, then monitor the widget updates.

Please let me know how you go over the next few days, whether positive or negative. I’d really like to know before releasing to productions.

I really hope this is the solution and thanks for your super patience.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes