Auto scale precipitation [Fixed by uninstalling + reinstalling]

Precipitation, right scale showing exclamation mark !
Regardless of model.
Auto scale selected.

2 Likes

very strange working for me

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
Thanks, but can you try again, this time in Spain, like La Roda.
With auto scale selected.

2 Likes

same results my Friend however I’m not showing rain like yours is

2 Likes

I can get similar scale readings but not when set to auto for precipitation. On auto I get !
That’s on my phone and Samsung tablet running Android 10.

2 Likes

@Alex definitely odd for sure sorry I couldn’t help

2 Likes

I’ve tried

I can not reproduce this bug.

@Alex is the bug still there for you?

2 Likes

On auto scale, yes. Still there.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bug. I think you’ve turned on left-hand scales using some data type and then turn off the data type or the data wasn’t downloaded - so it doesn’t have any data to auto-range to.

2 Likes

And only for Spain. Yeah right.:grinning:

1 Like

Aaaahh, forget it. Don’t bother to read the posts.
I’m just saying goodbye to the other members.
Uninstall
Unsubscribe

1 Like

@alex are you leaving us?

1 Like

Nope.
Just a bit teed off.

1 Like

Fixed.
By uninstalling then reinstalling.

1 Like

phones and tablets are just mini computers and just like a laptop or desktop at times a file or data gets corrupted. glad you got it fixed

2 Likes

Understandably so.
At these strange times there is so many things that can get on one’s nerves.

Corrupted files or data on ones phone, that’s generating unreproduceable errors in one of one’s favorite app can unfortunately be one of the things that makes shit hit the fan.

@Alex, glad to see that you are still here!

(I’ve updated the topic with the [Fixed…]-tag.)

1 Like

Too true mate!

1 Like

Hi @Alex,

You may be “Teed off” because I’ve stopped putting time into your emails. This is because I found I was spending a lot of time checking out these minor bugs or non-bugs. Major bugs are obvious because many users will report them at once.

• the duration of models, e.g., 36 hours, is the number of hour the simulation is solved for the the start time of the simulation.
  • the time a simulation takes to solve can be anywhere between <1hr for HRRR to 4-5 hours for GFS.
  • sometimes the simulations can be delayed or the source server sees too much load delaying my server processing.
  • sometimes servers deny my servers from downloading data because their API changes or some other unknown reason.
  • sometimes delayed models can be delayed for an entire forecast release and the next forecast is fine.
  • sometimes simulations will be broken for days, e.g., HRRR smoke, then fix itself.
  • sometimes something on my servers gets into a funk and processing data is delayed.

But I would argue the server runs pretty smoothly, all things considered.

Regarding the scales, it seems there were a number of steps you went through to get this bug. Given it’s a minor bug and wasn’t a show stopper, I didn’t want to spend a lot of time untangling this bug.

If I spent time on minor bug, I would have less time on major jobs. In the last week/month, I’ve been working on:

• rebuilding the website so we can update the help.
  • applying for a major grant to port Flowx to Apple.
  • adding air quality data - which has been damn hard.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Perhaps the problem is customer expectation arising from your inadequate model description and lack of explanation. KNMI is supposed to be a 48 hour range model. In reality it’s 30 hours. Quite a lot of processing time there don’t you think ?

1 Like

@Alex given the context of what @duane just replied, it seams that your reply was unnecessary harsh, and negative.

It seems that you are asking for perfection.

If anything, I think that the customer expectation have been arising due to all the exelent things that Flowx has going for it.

2 Likes