Cannot open Flowx after updating to 3.282{ Solved }

Flowx has unfortunately started crashing after updating to the latest beta 3.282. By crashing I mean the loading screen appears for a second or two and then disappears - I am unable to load the app at all. The widget has also gone blank which I assume is related.

I’ve tried clearing the cache, which hasn’t made a difference so far. I’m happy to try anything else as well, just not sure where to start.

@duane - please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Bill you might try clearing app data basically resets app if that doesn’t work try uninstalling and reinstalling app

3 Likes

Sure - let me give that a try and I’ll report back.

2 Likes

Well that was easy - clearing data solved the issue.

I don’t mind this as a beta tester, but I imagine this would be frustrating if this happened with the stable release too. Is there any way to tell if this was isolated to just me or if this may happen to other users as well? I want to help make sure Flowx remains the high quality app it’s always been.

3 Likes

@Bill hard to tell it could just be a download issue where ones internet or data connection dropped for a split second I’ve had other apps do this all is fine an update comes out and it won’t open then I reset the data and everything is fine. Glad it’s working now for you

2 Likes

Makes sense - thanks!

2 Likes

My WiFi has been having issues of late (i.e., constant dropping and reconnecting). Are data downloads not verified and retried on failure?

2 Likes

Sorry about this. Some users saw a infinite loop. Not sure what conditions caused it but I’ve fixed in since in 2.384.

Yes, beta testers are great for finding these bugs. While developing, I reinstall the Flowx a lot so my install is in a very vanilla state. Whereas users in the wild may have their Flowx installed for months or years and have many combinations of states (settings, number of places, data, graphs, etc…). It’s very difficult to replicate this for testing. It is these cases that find the bugs I miss.

So I appreciate the beta testing a lot - it has saved me many time - and saved me time which I can use towards more dev.

3 Likes

@duane, no worries - that’s what we beta testers are for! Happy to help however I can. Thanks for all the hard work!

2 Likes