Clock icon query

Using latest flowx version with android 11 on Samsung 5e tablet. Tapping on clock icon does not reset to current time for me. Does anyone else have this?

2 Likes

@wxman

Might be an idea to send your debug log.

1 Like

Not worried about it - Duane suggested I put it on here in case anyone else had the same problem

2 Likes

I asked @wxman to post here. The debug log won’t show the issue. The debug log focuses more on the setup, settings and downloads. This issue seems to be something else. We have 80,000 users and if it was a common bug, many users will be reporting it. Since this is the first report and I can’t replicate it, we need to find out if other are seeing it and if so what is the common factor, e.g., Samsung E5 tablet or Android 11.

This is essentially the troubleshooting process I follow.

2 Likes

I use the same Galaxy Tab S5e. Tapping on clock is working for me, no issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. That’s a bit weird. No worries for me it’s just that I read it in the help tips and thought I’d give it a try.

2 Likes

Maybe good idea to do a full reset of the app. Please note your settings beforehand or run an export. Clear cache, delete data, uninstall and reinstall the app. This approach has also helped me with rendering problems. Give it a try.

2 Likes

Not fussed at the moment. I’ll wait until I get a bigger problem before doing all that.

2 Likes

Hi wxman, I run Android 11 on a Pixel 3. Tapping the clock in the map view resets the view to the current time. However, tapping the clock in graph view does nothing.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by graph view and map view because my screen shows map and graphs together. Perhaps I’m missing something but how do you change between map and graph views?

1 Like

Map view is when I hold the phone in the vertical position. I only see the map.
When I rotate the phone into the horizontal position, the map and my graphs display side by side. See screen shots.

1 Like

Interesting. When I rotate mine I always see the graphs. Anyway, nothing happens when I tap the clock

1 Like

I presume what you see in the various screen orientations is phone-specific. I had Flowx installed on my Pixel 3 phone for several months when I accidentally rotated it horizontal and to my surprise, there were some graphs next to the map. I now have a separate homepage on my phone just for the Flowx widget showing graphs only.

1 Like

This is another good example of the power of screenshots. I find screenshots carry so much info.

Looks like I forgot to hook up the clock in landscape mode. It’ll be in the next release.

@Ferdi.Brenton.on.Sea - not sure why there were no graphs in portrait mode. You can add them by long-pressing on the high/low temperature bar.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Hi Duane, I may well have hidden the graphs from my portrait mode screen as the Pixel screen real estate is a bit cramped. Instead, my Flowx widget shows only the graphs - that fill the entire screen.

2 Likes