Countdown to %

the countdown to refresh when launched should be changed to %. Mine seems to take a long time even on wifi…I think having a 3rd graph became much more taxing on resources.

1 Like

The number represent the number of files remaining to be downloaded. I don’t see how you can use a percentage. What would it be a percentage of?

2 Likes

it would be a % of the time left like progress bar until refreshd…btw…is this explained in your help?

1 Like

This number is the number of files left to download. It provides an indication of the time left.

The time remaining depends on the size of the files and how fast your internet is. Both of these things I don’t know. So I’d have to guess which is difficult if you have a variable network connection. This hard to do for not much gain.

The percentage of the time remaining is always 100%.

The equation percentage is 100 x number_remaining / total_number. The number remaining is easy - that’s the number of files left. But what is the total number - the total number of files since you opened the app, the total for each data type - what about if it’s downloading wind and pressure?? The total number is difficult to define.

Even if you use time remaining… 100 x time_remaining / total_time. The time_remaining is damn difficult to estimate and what is total_time??

The counter tells you the number of files left to download. I really don’t know what you’re trying to achieve/solve.

2 Likes

I thought I read the entire help section and I must have missed this. Based on what you just wrote and too many variables, I guess my suggestion does not solve anything after all…please disregard.

2 Likes

Flowx is really a banana beta app and it is far from perfect. Things will break. There will be a lot of small niggly things and they will get fixed with time - generally through the natural tidying of code I periodically do. Or by the fact, I am using the app all the time while I develop - if something small annoys me, I’ll fix it.

Please take your time and enjoy the app. Don’t worry about the small things. I have too many big things to worry about the small stuff.

3 Likes

I admire your patience @duane, always raking your time to answer politely and explain.

1 Like

estimation

xkcd: Estimation

1 Like

Funny, I like it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes