Customize graph colors

I believe you have mentioned in emails to me that you are rewriting the Editor. I would have to believe customization of colors would be on the list to-do (or to-done). If not, I’d love to see it. The graph line for temperature should be red (unless you live in the artic or antarctic, I suppose). It would allow the humidity and temperature graphs to be used together without confusion. You probably know this already.

I would also like to see the gradient colors to be customizable. A start and finish color could be selected, and then the gradient determined from those. In this way, temperature and humidity, for example, would be more readily distinguished on maps when choosing between the graphs. (Ideally, it would be possible to overlay the different gradients with proper color differences and see the joint graph, but I won’t go there yet. And, I probably wouldn’t understand the mixing of colors anyway.)

1 Like

Colors are a minefield. It’s such a personal thing. If I change the color for one user, 10 users will shout in response. The theme editor is on the list. I didn’t think about temperature being red, but that’s just me.

A spectrum editor is also on the list. It’s nearly there. Just long-press on the color bar. I’m super close to adding a spectrum selector, then later a color gradient editor as you’ve described.

Hard breaks are important in color gradients, so I’ll think about this one.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

Hi Duane. How is the spectrum editor progressing? At present I use the nws and nws_steps spectrums but prefer to go from dark to light (blue and green) with increasing values, like the bgrm spectrum. However, it seems impossible to have a bgrm_steps spectrum. It would be cool if one is able to select a preferred spectrum and then have the option to display the colour gradient in steps.

1 Like

Yes, I know what you mean. I created NWS_STEPS manually for my own wants. THis is exactly what I want to do with spectrum editing and have an evolving plan in my head. For example, to add multiple colormaps, reverse them, pad them out, add transparency ramps, add bands, and discretize them (steps).

I’m rewriting the backend code which is a big task and I’m considering this in the rewrite. I plan to merge some features into the current Flowx as they develop. One is the new search for the new place when you add a place. I’m hoping a new graph editor, style editor, data source editor and spectrum editor will also merge into the current Flowx in the future.

It difficult balancing backend development, Apple development and current Flowx development.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Hi Duane, it is good to hear that when the rewrite of the backend code is done, an enhanced spectrum editor is likely to be included. Looking forward to it.

Cheers, Ferdi.

1 Like

I am a long time paid user and absolutely love Flowx. But my one main gripe is the lack of ability to set the color of each datapoint’s graph line. I track temp and humidity using Starry Night, particularly with a widget, but both lines are blue! Temp is darker, but I have a hard time remembering which is which as solid blue is not a natural temp color to me. I would LOVE to see the line be a gradient as it is selectable on the map. That would make it much more glanceable. PLEASE add this feature or at least give us the ability to modify the color…even if it’s a set number of options.

3 Likes

A Style Editor is on the todo list.

3 Likes

@clmensch Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx. I use multiple graphs