Dark/Light theme that follows system settings

Like many people, starting with Android 10, I set my phone’s theme to automatically switch between dark and light modes depending on the time of day, and also occasionally toggle it using the quick settings tile in the notification shade.

It would be nice if Flowx implemented the “follow system default” option to the app and widget theme settings, so that these would change automatically according to my current system theme.

3 Likes

I’ll add it to the todo list.

5 Likes

Hi Duane,

I love your app and the widget is the perfect way to check the weather forecast!
I was wondering if you have had the chance to look into this feature, i.e. the widget theme following the system’s light/dark mode. One vote from me for it!

Thank you and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I’ll have a quick look for the next release. If it’s easy, I’ll add it.

4 Likes

@matteo Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

2 Likes

I had a quick look. It was easy to use the system dark/light mode but it resulted in grey text on dark backgrounds which was hard to read. The current Flowx uses the old Android theming system which I find hard to edit and manage. I’d also have to add logic to theme graphs properly since it doesn’t use the Android theming system.

The new Flowx uses the new Android theming system which will make this job easier. I will still have to get the graphs to observe the light/dark mode but this shouldn’t be too hard in the new code.

Sorry, we’ll have to wait a little longer.

3 Likes

Thank you for giving it a try!

2 Likes

Was about to raise this as a new topic, but I see it’s been raised before. Yes, I too sorely miss a system theme option (especially for the app). Cheers.

2 Likes

under settings there’s an option for light or dark theme

1 Like

Yes. The request/suggestion is for a system theme, though (i.e. have it switched to light or dark following system settings).

2 Likes