Error invalid size

When I try and install a flowx widget I get a message saying ‘error invalid size. Please contact the developer’

See the screen shot.

Could you help with this please?

Thank yoy

2 Likes

@Kai666 try restarting your device to see if that fixes it, if not try to clear app cache to see if that works

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately neither restarting or clearing out the cache worked

2 Likes

@Kai666 I’m sure as soon as @duane reads the post he will have a better answer. sorry I couldn’t help

1 Like

No worries, thanks for trying

2 Likes

What is your launcher? I think it’s something to do with that.

2 Likes

Currently using Hyperion launcher. You maybe correct as the widgets work ok on the Samsung one UI launcher

2 Likes

What would be the reason all other widgets I have tried work, but yours don’t on Hyperion launcher?

1 Like

Probably because Hyperion doesn’t implement a function correctly that the Flowx widget uses and other widgets don’t use. I’ve had this once before with Nova launcher where they implemented a “getDimensions” function incorrectly.

Incidentally, I haven’t had anyone report this message in the last year or two. If you turn on debug mode in settings, add a new widget, then send me the debug log, I can see if there are any details.

Do the other widgets show a graph? Try a widget that shows a graph.

2 Likes

I sent you a debug log. Hopefully it contains some useful information.

Meteogram pro weather app shows its graphs ok.

Not tried anything else though

Many thanks

2 Likes

Essentially the widget size is greater than the screen size which is causing this error. This may be because the system is not returning any details about the widget size and I’m needing to estimate it where the estimates based on Android’s recommended equations is giving sizes larger than the screen.

I’ve added a line to the debug log to detect this. After the next release, send me the log again and we can check.

I can add some code to default to the screen size if the estimate is wrong. I can’t add this change to the next release since I’m working on code relating to the widget. It makes it hard to find introduced bugs if I change too many things in the same area of code. But with more info we can try in the following releases.

BTW, try reducing the width of the widget and let me know if that works. I suspect it will.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

You are right, reducing the width, to approximately half the screen width got the widget working again.

I will send another log after the next update.

Many thanks

2 Likes