Flowx 3.090

Just dropped v3.090 in to beta testing with:

• Predicted HRRR radar reflectivity (composite, 1000m and 4000m) in Gold.
  • New data: NOAA NAM 12km data in Silver
  • Moved NAM 3km to Gold

Users who bought Silver with 3km NAM will still get the data.

I moved the 3km NAM in to Gold so now the data is consistent with:

• Gold is <10km data
  • Silver is 10km - 20km data
  • Bronze is >20km data

If you have always dreamed of being a beta tester, go here and all your dreams will come true:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.enzuredigital.weatherbomb

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Looking Good @duane

Thanks for more data, Duane! As of now, I can’t seem to be able to view the new NAM 12km in Silver. All I see when on the 12km is the GFS base. Android 8.1.

1 Like

Thanks. I did change the subscription logic but you shouldn’t have seen a change.

Can you send me the debug log via feedback in the side menu? I can replicate your subscription state and see what’s causing the issue.

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

The issue is resolved. The model is working just fine now. Thanks again, Duane, for all the recent additions to the app. You’re the best!

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear. I worry when I change the code of the subscriptions. No one else on the new update has reported issues so hopefully it’s all ok.

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

Hello. I am mohammad from Iran and i need ecmwf model for middle east region. Do you have any plan for adding this model for next update?
Thank you

1 Like

No. ECMWF costs over $100,000 Euro per year. It’s well outside our budget.

1 Like

Any way that the beta version can be a separate app so we can run public and beta side-by-side? I am especially worried that customizations will be lost with uninstall-reinstall to revert to Public. Some programs also have issues with backward (forward?) compatibility of new configuration settings.

I will venture the answer is no.

2 Likes

Sorry no. They share the same app id which cannot be changed on Google Play. I could release it separately but that’s super hard.

But don’t worry about beta, it is rarely very different. It usually takes 1-2 days to go from a beta release to everyone. I use beta as a filter for small or obvious bugs. If the beta release lasts for days, it’s because there might be a bug I worry might appear, e.g., when updating libraries.

2 Likes