Hirlam lost screen data

No temp, rainfall or wind speed.

Now changed to dashes for temp.

Not corrected after Force Refresh.

2 Likes

I see the same!

I’ve also notosed that if “Edit place” the hindcast is set to 0 days, så that the fake rain and part of graph that is blank it not in displayed time span, then temp, rainfall and wind speed digits are back as normal.

2 Likes

Thankfully I’m not having issues

Looks like HIRLAM missed a forecast a day or so (2019082400) ago and the server and app doesn’t know how to handle this.

We just have to wait a couple of days for it to get a full 3 days of data history.

2 Likes

Thanks. Great workaround.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why are we getting so many bugs with Hirlam and Arome?

1 Like

HIRLAM missed a complete release of a forecast a day ago and my scripts cannot handle it. This is the first time I’ve seen an incomplete release since HIRLAM was added to Flowx 6-12 months ago.

Meteo-France (Arpege/Arome) data is very hard to download and process. It fails a lot more than you see but my scripts cannot cope with all failures, just the common ones. It probably took a 3-4 weeks to get it going to this level of success.

2 Likes

You mean that actually HIRLAM failed to create/upload a forecast, so that the error, causing the missing forecast is not on the server that tries to feach it from HIRLAM?

In that case one sugestion is to create a way of reverting to another model for when the data of chosen model is missing, just like further into the future when there is no data in the forecast.

I’m not sure if this is an incomplete HIRLAM or a bug in my scripts. It was a day or so ago so it’s hard to investigate. But it’s the first time I’ve seen this issue in the 6-12 months since Flowx added HIRLAM. If this has happened before, let me know, because I wasn’t aware.

The servers process about 60-80 forecasts from 6 meteo services per day, about 80-100GB of data. I’m surprised and happy it works this well. BTW, the Meteo-France (Arome) server is the most difficult to work with.

2 Likes