Hurricane tracks show the predicted path of storms and hurricanes.
This is a work-in-progress and is only available to silver and gold users while it’s being developed. Later, we’ll roll it out to free and bronze users.
What is it:
- the Dark Blue line is the path based on the NOAA GFS model
- the Dark Red line is the path based on the CMC GDPS(?) model
- the Light Blue lines is the paths based on the NOAA GEFS ensemble models
- the Light Red lines is the paths based on the CMC CENS ensemble models
What is Ensemble Models:
This is 20-odd models based on the primary model (e.g., GFS or GDPS) that as the starting conditions slightly perturbed and solve to give different results. This perturbations predict different forecasts that might be caused by errors in measurements or the lackings of a model .
- add labels for hurricane names
- add lines coloured by wind speed, pressure or category
- add a point showing the position of the storm with respect to time.
- more granular control of what is shown.