IOS app

How is the IOS app coming together? I need to upgrade my phone to Apple from Android this year and not have to keep two phones.

1 Like

Hi @rreggers, I was planning on starting it back in Jan but we got an influx of Dark Sky users so I brought forward features requested by Dark Sky users which were on the plan anyway.

iOS is a hard one. It’ll probably take 3-6 months to get a basic version of Flowx. In the meantime, there won’t be much progress on Android which will be tough.

So the questions I’m pondering: do I spend time on Android to make Flowx even greater or start iOS. It’s a hard one.

Really, I need more dollar to hire help port to iOS :slight_smile:

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Duane, I would have sent you a PM but I must be too new here, cos I can’t find a way to do that.

Anyway, I’m a happy Flowx user but I also have some experience in writing apps for both iOS and Android that I’d be happy to share with you - there are some strategies that can make porting an Android app to iOS reasonably painless. Send me a PM if you’re interested - and no, I’m not looking for work or trying to sell anything - just happy to help out a fellow app developer.

Clyde

2 Likes

Regarding:

Here is how you do it:

Regarding:

Sounds awesome!
Why not share this publicly?

1 Like

Except when I do that I don’t get the “Message” button. I believe this is because I have not been on the forum long enough to get that level of trust. I am a major contributor to another forum that recently switched to Discourse and on the previous platform there was an issue with phishing messages from new members, so I completely see the point of that.

2 Likes