Lightning

Is there a possibility to add a selection under storms to add a lightning option? Show little lightning bolts? not a big request just thinking out loud :grin:

4 Likes

Lighting too is on the to-do list. I quite like it because it’s a global real-time measurement of a storm’s position. I’ve looked into lightning data before but I need a lightning detector device to be able to use the data.
http://en.blitzortung.org/cover_your_area.php

I think I know where to get one so I’ll look into it more this year.

Cheers, Duane.

6 Likes

Even without the option Flowx is already the best on the market

5 Likes

I was lightning before the thunder :cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I really want lighting because it’s a valuable forecast for our region in the pacific which doesn’t have radar so it will happen eventually.

4 Likes

@duane I know it will I was looking at the categories and Imagine Dragon’s song Thunder came on :joy::joy::joy::zap::zap::zap::zap:

3 Likes

@duane Not a hint I Promise but getting excited summer is around the corner which means thunderstorms my favorite time of the year except the increasing danger of brush fires :sob:

3 Likes

Good news, the lightning detector is on the way from Germany:

Lightning Detector

5 Likes

@duane :open_mouth::open_mouth: that is Awesome. I signed up but unfortunately there is a couple around but not real close however there not active its like what’s the point if you’re not going to put it online.

3 Likes

Cool, did it arrive and got set up?

I’ve got it, built it but haven’t put up the antennas yet.

3 Likes

+1,000,000 for a lightening indicator with this app please

2 Likes

Hi @duane!

How are things going with the lighting data?

Best regards and cheers! :grin:

1 Like

No movement. It’s all Apple.

2 Likes

So no lightening feature in future? :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

If you cant do it… perhaps add a useful link to the best lightening radars on the app? That would be very useful. We get some pretty bad hail here in Sydney and would love to know when its about to prevent damage to the car etc

Also i LOVE thunder storms and love recording the audio to them, so a prediction on this app would be so cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lifted Index and CAP will let you know the potential of thunderstorms

2 Likes

I don’t understand Brian… are these apps or websites you speak of?

1 Like

if you go to the 3 dots upper right of Flowx select edit data scroll down select CAPE & Lifted Index. the link below scroll down look for Li Lifted Index and CAPE it explains what both are.

https://www.weather.gov/lmk/indices

1 Like