Location Name Auto changing

I do a lot of off roading in a place called Fish Creek Wash, in the Anza Borrego Desert here in California USA.

When I select it in the app it auto corrected it’s name to “Fish Creek Washington”

2 Likes

Can you email me the debug log via Feedback in the side menu?

1 Like

Also can you send me a screenshot?

1 Like

Debug emailed to you. Here are screenshots

1 Like

1 Like

@TenDigitGrid Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx. Try Just Putting Fish Creek

1 Like

Just tried, and when I click on the location it then auto adds “Washington” to the end of it

1 Like

This isn’t actually Flowx. This page is showing the Google Maps and Places library for searching for a location. When you select the top place (i.e., Fish Creek Wash), the Google places library returns the place details (see below) and this is what Flowx uses to show the location on the map and to create the new place. This data is from Google, i.e., outside of Flowx. You can click on the second result in the search or after adding the place, edit the place and change its name.

Place Result: Place{
address=null,
addressComponents=null,
businessStatus=null,
attributions=[],
id=null,
latLng=lat/lng: (32.9758725,-116.1619532),
name=Fish Creek Washington,
openingHours=null,
phoneNumber=null,
photoMetadatas=null,
plusCode=null,
priceLevel=null,
rating=null,
types=null,
userRatingsTotal=null,
utcOffsetMinutes=null,
viewport=null,
websiteUri=null,
iconUrl=null,
iconBackgroundColor=null
}

2 Likes

Thats super odd because on google maps it has the right data even after click it…

Its odd that in the search it is correct for Flowx but then google replaces the string with another string once clicked on?

The data you are showing is that whats shown in the search box or the map data thats plotted or both? If both, why would it display “Fish Creek Wash” at all if in the data is shows “Fish Creek Washington” ?

Where is the “Fish Creek Wash” string coming from then?

1 Like

There are three libraries used on this page: Places (the auto-complete search box), Maps (the background map), and geocoding (turns coordinates into address - not involved in this bug).

The Auto-Complete Places search box in a closed feature I didn’t program. I just add it to the page. When you type in the Search Places box, it automatically shows the list of results - Flowx doesn’t get involved. When you click on one of the results, the search box returns the Place details to Flowx, which is what I posted above. Flowx then takes the place details (lat/lon and name) and plots this on the map.

The screenshot you posted above probably uses different services but oddly enough I search “fish creek wash” in maps.google.com and got the following screenshot - notice the name used on the map pin.

2 Likes

Haha, interesting. I wonder if Google has a replication issue on there end :joy:

1 Like

You can check with Google and report back in two weeks - they are notoriously slow at support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yea… the back of my android phone started to pop off on a flight over christmas… I emailed Google and heard back like over a month. 2 weeks is generous for their customer support lol

2 Likes

@TenDigitGrid When I just Put Fish Creek Wash I left off the wash part then selected it from the list you can always edit the name after its added

1 Like