Minimum screen resolution?

Flowx is my favorite weather app. I’m thinking about getting a smaller form factor minimalist rugged phone like the Unihertz Atom XL (4" screen, 1136*640 resolution), but my biggest anxiety about the smaller screen resolution is whether or not Flowx will be usable! :laughing:

Does Flowx have a minimum resolution? Or does it provide any scaling or scrolling adaptation to work better on smaller phones?

I’m also considering the Jelly 2 (~3" screen, 480*854, also from Unihertz), but I have a feeling that will just be too small.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@vergilcw Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx.

I have a 5.5 inch might be a little compact at 4 way small at 3 but should be usable at 4 (just a fellow user) of course @duane will have far better/precise info :+1::+1:

1 Like

Those phones are supported, i.e., you can install the app. But small screen support is something else. I haven’t used Flowx on a small phone for years. My last “small” phone was a Google Galaxy Nexus with a 4.65" screen. I think you might get away with thee Atom XL given it has offscreen buttons but don’t quote me on this. The Jelly 2 might be pushing it.

My suggestion is to find someone with the phone and ask them to install it and send a screenshot. Even contact the company for a screenshot. The worse they can do is not reply.

Here are a couple of emulator screenshots. It’s a 4" screen with 1136x640 resolution. You can print it out to size if you want.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies! Those emulator screenshots were helpful and I’ll see if I can find someone on a forum who has the phone and can try it out for me. I’ll definitely have to make some sacrifices with which graphs I can show compared to my current Google Pixel at 1080p but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

3 Likes