Mixing data sources

Using Android, I want to use ECMWF as it’s the best model. Unfortunately this doesn’t include cloud cover or humidity level which causes “no data” to show as a watermark on my graphs. I’d like to use ICON to source this missing data like weather.app does

2 Likes

@hallucynogenyc Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

2 Likes

It’s on the todo list.

3 Likes

Thanks, do you have an ETA? I prefer the Flowx UI but “get each piece of forecasted data from best source available” is what the windy app does by default and I’m used to that :grin:

1 Like

I don’t have a hard ETA. I’m currently rewriting the entire backend code as part of the port to Apple. It has been two+ years so far.

I’m hoping to release Apple in June. Then I plan to focus on getting this code to Android which I expect will take a few months. Then I’ll look at a “Source Set” editor - I don’t expect this will take long since most of the logic is there and I can currently create these manually.

Regarding the “best source available”, I don’t mixing weather data from different sources since it might deceive users. With the editor, the user can mix sources themselves and they will know what is mixed.

2 Likes

I don’t mix either I like being able to compare the individual sources being a weather geek it’s very interesting what each model is predicting and what local meteorologist predict to what actually happens. it’s always a mix of all is what makes weather so fun for me

1 Like