Problem with default location on new phone

I’ve switched phones. I exported my Flowx settings from the old phone and imported them into the new phone.

The problem I’m having is that the app always opens to “New Location” and does not enable the Gold features until I switch to “My Location,” or one of my preset locations.

This happens when opening the app from the icon or from the widget.

BTW, “New Location” appears twice in the menu, and I can’t find where to delete one instance, or to delete any of the presets.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

Sounds like the setup of your locations has gone wonky with the wrong location and travel mode.

You initial location is guessed from your IP address. If you use a VPN or a weird ISP, this can cause the wrong location being added.

In this case, just edit the “New Location” or delete those “New Location” places and add a place manually. See flowx.io/help/places.

2 Likes

Thanks Duane, unfortunately that didn’t do the trick.

I don’t use a VPN and am using the same network as the old phone.

I didn’t realize “Delete Place” is in a different menu so I went there and removed everything, then re-entered my Connecticut zip code. Now “Places” shows just the zip code and “Add Place.”

Same thing, it opens to a “New Location” somewhere east of Ecuador! I also tried force stopping the app and clearing the cache but no joy.

If I try clearing the data, will I need to redo all my configurations? I guess I could export and re-import them if I can get the location thing solved.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Do you open the app by clicking on the widget? Make sure the widget is set to the right place.

2 Likes

Same behavior either way - widget or icon. The widget shows only my zip code under “Place.” Also the widget always seems to show the correct data for my location.

2 Likes

can you email me the debug log?

2 Likes

Just sent. Thanks.

2 Likes

Can you edit the widget and post a screenshot of the widget config screen? Also a screenshot of the widget and of the app when you open it?

2 Likes

Duane, I think I have it working now. I switched to a neighboring zip code that’s different by one digit and deleted the other zip code. Now all seems well.

I’ll let you know if anything changes but so far so good!

Many thanks for your prompt attention. It’s much appreciated.

Walt

2 Likes

Strange!

Is reminds me of

The podcast “#53 In The Desert
by REPLY ALL”: