Rain Radar

Rain radar has stopped working - on 2 devices. Edit: clarification, the Reflectivity is intermittent along the timeline.

Tried double refresh and cache clearance.

Checking Rain Viewer in Settings: permission denied

1 Like

@Alex Very odd just checked mine and it says granted.

Message has changed to: Rain Viewer app is not installed.
Don’t know the significance of “Check RainViewer”, but seeing that it’s available it surely must mean something

1 Like

@Alex It’s for if you have a paid version of either Flowx or RainViewer you have access to the app info I think I’m explaining correctly :grin:

I have Silver level subscription. So, I’m not sure what is the significance of “Check RainViewer” in Settings.
No doubt Duane will enlighten us.

1 Like

I had similar issue since upgrading to v3.228.

I recall a message when I started the app something like “I no longer had access to Metro-France Arpege” which was strange when I have Silver subscription. But I had no problem turning it back on again and not seen the message again since.

My problem was that my Radar Reflectivity was no longer working. I went into Edit Data and it was ticked but not showing, even if I restarted the app (that usually refreshes the Radar). However as I was typing this I noticed that the layer had simply been disabled at the bottom, so toggled it back on - d’oh!

Not sure whether this applies to anyone else but maybe your settings got a bit reset after this latest update?

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

I don’t have RainViewer app installed by the way.

1 Like

@jolley RainViewer is not needed for Flowx to work its just another tool in the tool box it’s just they share radar data. Glad yours seems to be working.

Hi @jolley,

Sorry I missed this post. Has the subscription come right? Can you send me the debug log?

Also do you have multiple Google accounts on your phone? It is the most common cause. See:
https://flowx.io/help/troubleshooting/pro-subscription-not-working/

I’m away from home today/tomorrow but hopefully I have internet connection via my phone.

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

Like I mentioned, the latest update seemed to not recognise the subscription on first time use and I received a message about the Metro-France Arpege data source not being available. I guess at the same time the Radar Reflectivity was disabled because I don’t have the RainViewer app installed.

After restarting Flowx I believe it recognised the subscription again. I then had to manually re-select Metro-France Arpege, but didn’t notice that the Radar Reflectivity layer was simply de-selected and so I posted my message. As I was typing I noticed that it was de-selected and just toggled it back on.

Everything has been fine since.

It seems it was just a glitch checking the subscription the first time I opened it since it was updated.

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to say I definitely don’t have multiple Google accounts on the phone.

1 Like

HI @jolley,

Can you send me the debug log please?

Cheers, Duane.

1 Like

I don’t have any problems now.

It was only the first time I opened the app after it was updated that it seemed to do a reset of some sort, it moaned once about not having the subscription level to show my preferred forecast model and the Rader Reflectivity got toggled off.

Maybe it tried to validate the subscription and failed so it only allowed settings which are available to free users?

Either way, it was resolved once I restarted the app and has been fine since. I wrote my post because I didn’t notice the Radar Reflectivity layer had been toggled off so thought it wasn’t working.

Hope this makes more sense.

I’m not sure any of my recent logs would be of value if everything is working.

1 Like