Rain Viewer permission denied

I just bought the app (Gold Pro) and also bought the pro version of Rain Viewer.

When I click “Check RainViewer” in the Settings, I get a message that says “RainViewer permission denied”. Specifically "requires com.lucky_apps.RainViewer.app.READ, or grantUriPermission(). See attached screenshot.

I am on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 9.

I have turned off batter optimization on both apps and restarted the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Brownell

2 Likes

@bchalstrom Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

@bchalstrom it might not of registered yet might try opening Rainviwer to check the status then while it’s open try opening Flowx see if that might help

1 Like

Hi @bchalstrom,

Thanks for the gold support.

You get RainViewer with Silver or Gold so you can ignore this message.

I added this for debugging purposes. Flowx asks the RainViewer app if the user is pro or not. This works on most phones but on some phone it gets a permission issue from the Android OS. I added this button to check things and write some debug logging.

Unfortunately, this works on my phone so I cannot debug it. But I got the idea after receiving your post to try this on my kids tablets and other peoples’ devices - I’ll do this today.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Hello, I just dumped Dark Sky Weather App for Android, or should I say they dumped me. They sold out to Apple and the App will no longer work on Android soon. So I purchased FlowX Silver and notice the same issue as Brownell. Getting the same permission denied error message as he shows in his screen shot.
Also, I’m not totally sure how to access the Rain Viewer.
Help please?
Steve

1 Like

The radar data you see in Flowx is from RainViewer. As a Silver pro you get this automatically.

2 Likes

@Pickett37 Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

Duane, I’d like to know what the 4 different radar views are and how they differ and how to interpret them please? I took a screens hot while viewing them in “Edit Data”. The first one is the Rain Viewer so I know it’s working now. I don’t know if my uploading the screenshot worked so I will describe the other 3: Radar Reflectivity is Rain Viewer, Radar Composite is Nam and HRRR, Radar at 1KM also Nam and HRRR, Radar at 4KM also Nam and HRRR.
What do these different ones tell me? Should all 4 be checked or just one at a time? How should I use these? Forgive my ignorance please.

1 Like

Hi @Pickett37

Here is part of the answer:

The radar reflectivity from RainViewer is measured radar. The others are predicted from the HRRR and NAM models. You’ll have to investigate exactly what these predicted radars are. I’m not actually a meteorologist. I just add what is commonly presented on other websites and check they are showing the same numbers.

If you do find out, maybe post your findings here and I can add it to the help section.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes