RainViewer prediction

I love flowx ,but have a question,why can you only look up to 10 minutes ahead at rainviever? and not 1 hour

Thanks Ricardo

1 Like

Hi @Ricardo,

RainViewer provides real time radar data to Flowx for free which I appreciate. RainViewer also has an extra service which is predicting where the rain will move to one hour into the future based on the past radar. This is their own product and I’ve always assumed it’s their key feature for people to upgrade and get revenue.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Hi Duane,

thank you for your message back,I had rainviever,for 1 year,but now I switched to flowx,it’s nice that they want to give it to flowx for free,I bought flowx gold yesterday,I love weather models,and rainviever has that

Thanks Ricardo

2 Likes

BTW, HRRR and NAM (in the USA) have simulated radar based on weather simulations.

1 Like

@Ricardo Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

I’m gladly paying for RainViewer premium for this feature.

I would pay extra, on top of flowex gold and RainViewer premium, if the RainViewer predicting could be viewed in Flowx.

1 Like

Oleksii (the RainViewer creator) and I tried to do a thing where if you had the RainViewer app installed, Flowx would ask RainViewer what the users pro status was. If the user was RainViewer pro but not Flowx pro, it would show the user radar data in Flowx.

Unfortunately, the communication between the RainViewer app and Flowx didn’t work consistently across all phones. If it worked well, I would be happy to offer predicted future radar to pro RainViewer users but not Gold Flowx users.

2 Likes