Release 3.318 (23 Feb 2021) Beta

Release 3.318 (23 Feb 2021) Beta

DWD has retired Cosmo-D2 (in gold). We have added its replacement, Icon-D2 - an improved weather simulation.

• Openzones now zoom down to the same level as Gold.

• We have a new website at www.flowx.io - there are still some rough parts to fix up.

• Our data servers have also been upgraded so please report any quirks.

3 Likes

Icon-D2 seems to be not working. There are no visible map demarcation lines between Icon-D2 and GFS and the Icon-D2 graphs in Compare mode are the same as for GFS.

3 Likes

As a resident of Germany I am glad that the high resolution weather model Icon-D2 is back on board.
Unfortunately, no data is loaded at the moment and the display remains at the rough GFS.
I have already cleared the entire cache of the app several times, but it it was not successful.

3 Likes

odd it’s working fine for me might try different server or forced refresh possibly try backing up your settings then clearing app cache and data also make sure you have debugging selected incase nothing works you can submit a debug log.

2 Likes

Also, using Expedition Marine, a double boundary box has appeared.

1 Like

After clearing the cache and starting a forced refresh, I can confirm that only the Test Server is providing the Icon-D2 data.
Frankfurt and New York load only GFS.
@Alex no double boundary for me with Marine data. Try to clear cache and switch server.

3 Likes

@Saxophone
Frankfurt and New York have just started to provide Icon-D2 data.
Double model boundary boxes remain for Expedition Marine.
Have previously cleared cache, forced refresh, switched servers …

Android 11
Samsung S21 Ultra
Latest Beta Flowx

2 Likes

Try with location setting: London.

The inner box disappears when the time setting is after the 36 hour Marine Expedition time limit - as indicated by the blue graph line.

2 Likes

@Alex I get 2 boxes location London as I swipe to go through the day at 1st blue line on graph little box disappears and large box disappears when I reach 2nd blue line in graph probably do too the information each provide for the area each cover

2 Likes

@BrianLY-38
Thanks Brian. That’s exactly what I’m seeing.

Presumably the inner box relates to Marine Expedition. The outer box ?

2 Likes

@Alex I could be wrong but I’m thinking both show the same info I want to say more but have a hard time putting thoughts to text

2 Likes

small box more localized large box broader range? or a gremlin :space_invader: they sneak in :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@BrianLY-38
Your guess is as good as mine. Probably better.:thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll wave my magic :dizzy:wand bippity boppity boop and summon @duane for the real answer :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Depending on your position and your zoom level you could possibly see 3 cascading boxes.
All are related to Marine Expedition but the boxes are named differently: 0.09, 0.28, 0.83.( see screenshot, graph of Monkeys Wedding).
However, I have no idea if the numbers refer to the time course.

4 Likes

Thanks all. I think I forgot to update something on the New York and Frankfurt servers.

I’ve updated that now.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Maybe they are areas of varying resolution. The highest being 0.09 for the port of Southampton.
0.09°, 0.28°, 0.83°.

2 Likes

On the topic of the available weather models in Gold, I wonder where the ECMWF is?

1 Like

@seahorse this is why there is no
ECMWF

2 Likes