When I set range for “cloud”, “precipitation”, “pressure”, or “humidity”, that I all have in my first graph, then the change are seen directly on the graph, so far so good.
But when I set range for “temperature” or for “Wind mag” in my second graph, then it is only seen after a restart of the app.
Thanks. Will check it out.
Or after just reloading the same location, by opening the list of places and taping the same location that is currently active.
Or, by switching from portrait to landscape and then back again. Just needs a little kick-start.
That’s also a quick way to get the missing update for rain radar data
Don’t over discuss this. It’s already fix in the code I’m hoping to get a beta version out in a few hours.
Hope to see a bugfix for the wind bft range setting too
@tiwag, sorry the BFT is relatively difficult to do since it’s a special case, i.e., it’s been tacked on the side of the units conversion code and has resulted in “if-statements” in parts of the code.
And there just aren’t many users shouting about it compared to other things, e.g., sunrise/set, widget updates, notifications, etc…
If it would take a few minutes to fix, I would do it immediately. If it would take less than an hour, I’d do it reasonably soon, but it’s just one of those things.
It’s like spending an hour to peel peanuts to only have a half a cup of peanut which you eat in a minute - it’s just not fun.
I’m developer of industrial embedded systems since 22 years and my experience is, that 95% of work had to be done for 5% of save and correct functionality …
Don’t worry, I understand your point of view…
But just to think about. I gave you formulas for conversion between kt and bft. Wind range edit works fine with kt.
But switching between the units from kt to bft doesn’t correctly switch the range in bft, so the bug must be somewhere in the conversion code…
Which is somehow strange, because the display of the actual wind force in bft works fine …
Nevertheless I’ve still hope to see it working once day
Half the time will be getting back up to speed. Remembering everything. But one thing I remember is the formula you sent, I wish I had that when I started.
The reason it’s breaking some places and not others is because of the “if BFT then to this” statements through the code.
I do believe it will be fixed via natural evolution. I’m often fixing parts of the code and merging others to make the code better. In the last beta release the “refactoring and tidying code” was exactly this. One day this will fall on the Units conversion and scales again.