"Set Renge" menue is not scrollable

In landscape mode I’ve started to use the third graph as a compound-graph of the two I normally use.
This is so that I can access a compare mode with all the data at once.

The issue is that the “Set Renge” menue is not scrollable, so when taping all of the boxex, the lower settings are outside of the screen and are inaccessible.

A workaround:
Deselect all checkboxes, and start by entering the values from the bottom of the list, and work yourself up as the values disappear outside the screen.

A second (better) workaround:
Add to portrait mode, set ranges (repeat for every location), remove from portrait mode. Then, once set, use in landscape mode.

TLDR, of discussion below (tap to show more)

In portrait view I only want 2 graphs, so that I can get more of the map.

The best use I’ve found for the 3rd graph in landscape mode (the one not viable in portrait view) is to use it as a scortcut to a compare mode with all the graphed data at once.

I tried, but then then number of gaphs goes back to 2, and the “Set Range” window looks like this:

To reproduce the empty window:

1. Have 2 graphs in portrait view.
  2. Have 3 graphs in landscape view.
  3. In landscape view long-press on the 3rd graph (the one not viable in portrait view) and open “Set Range”
  4. Switch back to portrait view.
1 Like

I don’t have more than a few metrics per graph but in your scenario you could switch back to portrait mode to select range.

2 Likes

I tried, but then then number of gaphs goes back to 2, and the “Set Range” window looks like this:

1 Like

Odd, this is mine in portrait mode.

Samsung S21 Ultra
Latest Flowx beta.
Android 11

1 Like

To reproduce the empty window:

1. Have 2 graphs in portrait view.
  2. Have 3 graphs in landscape view.
  3. In landscape view long-press on the 3rd graph (the one not viable in portrait view) and open “Set Range”
  4. Switch back to portrait view.

Did you do this?

1 Like

Yes.

“(the one not viable in portrait view)” - why ?

I can get 8 graphs in portrait mode, with some duplication, and 3 in landscape.

1 Like

In portrait view I only want 2 graphs, so that I can get more of the map.

I’ve just recently started to try out the landscape mode, and it defaults to 3 graphs. (it looks weerd with only 2 graphs.)

So the best use I’ve found for the

is to use it as a way of getting all the graphed data, that I’m interested in, into the compare mode at once.

Otherwise I had to go back and forth between two different compare mode, in order to compare the things I wanted to compare.

1 Like

Makes sense.:+1:

1 Like

I don’t get why it’s possible do have duplicate graphs, or why it’s possible to show more than the 5 available.

It seams that it is hardcoded to be 5 graphs, not more and not less, that one can choose to use or not, (and edit if on bronze or above) and all five with hardcoded names.

Probably this is a “current state scenario” from features added over time, and non logical options not removed from being possible.

Or what do you think?

There are only 5 named graphs. I added a few duplicates to get 8 on screen. The additional ones serve no purpose apart from trying to duplicate your blank “Set Range” screen.
Which I can’t.

1 Like

To get the blank “Set Range” screen you must remove graphs in portrait mode, so that the third graph in landscape mode is not shown in portrait mode.

Then:

1. in landscape mode, open set range, for the third graph,
  2. Switch to portrait mode.
  3. Since in portrait mode, this graph is not shown, the "Set Range” screen goes blank.

So, that’s how you achieved a blank screen.

By viewing “Set Range” of a graph that exists only in landscape mode and then switching to portrait mode where that graph does not exist.

And you are surprised the screen “Set Range” goes blank. Really :smirk:

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

Me surprised? It was your suggestion… :sweat_smile::wink::rofl:

Actually sort of yes, I was actually a little surprised the first time I saw the empty window.

I thought that the set range menue for the third graph might still work in portrait mode, eaven though the third graph is not shown. It’s not vanished, it’s just not displayed at the moment.

But i wasn’t really expecting the portrait mode to be able to edit a graph not showing in portrait mode. It would be a better workaround of it did though.

1 Like

Why not simply have the 3 graphs in portrait mode as well as landscape. Then you could set range in portrait mode before going back to landscape ?

1 Like

That’s a good second workaround:

Add to portrait mode, set ranges (repeat for every location), remove from portrait mode. Then, once set, use in landscape mode.

But the way I use the third graph, it is redundant in portrait mode, and take up space from the screen that I would prefer to use for the map. (No matter the size of my phone…)

1 Like