Temperature disappeared

Hey yall

Been awhile. First off i must repeat my absolute delight with this app. Hands down best westher app out there

Lately my predicted temperature data has disappeared…

See attached

Cheers

2 Likes

when mine does that I just tap the 3 dots upper right and select refresh then do it again to do a force refresh

2 Likes

You have no network connection. That is why there is an cloud with a slash icon at the top.

2 Likes

Hi Duane

That is not the problem. See attached

I have perfect connection to internet but temperate parameter has totall disappeared

1 Like

In fact wind and temperature has dissapeared. This only occurs on Marine Expedition setting

1 Like

Can you send the debug log please.

2 Likes

Sure. Whats your email address? Or whatsapp number?

2 Likes

You Can Send it Via the app

1 Like

I am having the same problem with Expedition Marine, and I have just discovered that the EM data is not being updated. Last update was 20240102 18:00
The rain data I am seeing is NOAA GFS.

2 Likes

I got news from Expedition Marine. They have stopped solving for Australia and UK since these regions are covered by the BoM ACCESS models and UKMO models.

I’ve looked into these. It’s difficult to justify buying the ACCESS model but I plan to add the UKMO model soon.

2 Likes

That’s bad news. The big reason I took out a gold subscription was the Expedition Marine coverage in Australia.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s sad news but understandable on Exp Marines part. Unfortunately, from what I’ve found so far, it looks like ACCESS will cost $10k+ per year and the Flowx revenue from Oz is only $2k per year.

BTW, feel free to email me if you want a refund.

2 Likes

Yikes 10k per year :frowning:

I love this app. All the other ones dont have the same features as this. I guess i will have to stop the top tier subscription to

1 Like

Hi,
Same for me exhibition south for UK
& main reason i upgraded

Is disappointing as month’s ago spent several days comparing & noting actual real world weather & the others were some way off quite a lot of the time,this was great as really so much more accurate.

I dont have all my notes now,what is the likely best for South of UK?

1 Like

Same issue here. I am in NZ.
Any point petitioning Expedition Marine?

2 Likes

The NZ data has not been updating for the last few days but I’m sure Nick is on to it.

Expedition Marine generates the data as part of their normal business. We at Flowx are just beneficiaries of this data for no cost to Flowx, so no to petitions. I accept the data as is.

As always, I’m happy to refund subscriptions if you aren’t happy.

3 Likes

Actually, if you want to petition someone, you should petition the government to release weather model forecasts and radar from MetService as a State-Owned-Enterprise.

The USA, Canada, Germany, France, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium all release their weather model forecasts for free.

The UK, Australia and NZ charge for their data.

I once emailed the NZ MetService for the cost of radar data and they asked how many customers I had and how much Flowx makes. I gave up and emailed the Minister (Megan Woods) and never heard back.

2 Likes

Actually, another one, maybe it’s the Flowx servers that are not updating properly. I should check.

I’m used to seeing Expedition Marine regions turning off, I didn’t consider this to be a Flowx problem.

I will check.

4 Likes

@ingoratsdorf Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

2 Likes

There is an issue processing the data on the Flowx server. I’m still trying to work out what has changed.

2 Likes