Time stepping and interpolation

Hello!

I’m using Flowx for a long time now and most exciting think in the all app for me is smooth animation. I know that I know this is achieved through time interpolation. I sometimes watch my country meteo centre satellite data, which unfortunately is at 1 hour intervals. I wanted to ask the creator of the app-how did You get that Flowx app has such a smooth flowing animation? I know it might be a secret, but I would very much like to know how it is technically being done! I’m also very sorry, too, for subtlety, but the meteorology has been my hobby for several years (I’ve got 13 years now) and it’s what I’m very keen to know-how to do the smooth animations and interpolation.

Kind Regards
Martin Bergstein

2 Likes

This is a question for @duane.

1 Like

Proprietary/Trade Secrets :grin::joy::grin::joy::grin:

3 Likes

Yes, I suppose it is! :disappointed: Hopefully @duane be able to say some sort of way how to interpolate like in the app. I hope very much because no one else wants to tell me about interpolation (except what’s in video editing programs) :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I was just being funny :joy:

3 Likes

Oof! :relieved::sweat_smile: FORTUNATELY. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Interpolation but also other things matter like the spatial and temporal resolution of the data. The trick is also making it fast and that depends on code.

3 Likes

Thank You very much for response! :wink: If there is a coding, I’m out! :disappointed::joy:

2 Likes