Turn off models I don't use

Where I am I have 8 models but when double clicking the graphs to compare I can only see 5 at a time. How about a way to turn off the models rdps, hrdps, icon I do not use that way I can compare all I want without scrolling.

1 Like

@jojo just scroll down

1 Like

You can’t at the moment. I plan to add a datasource editor where you can add/remove/edit datasources. This would allow you to mix different data sources.

But, if you plan on removing other sources, then I would suggest you aren’t using Flowx to the full potential. You are better to look at all data sources instead of selecting just one.

Met Orgs spend a lot of resources solving ensemble models, i.e., the same GFS simulation 20+ times with slightly different starting conditions. This accounts for the possible variation in predictions. You get this automatically is multiple models.

To throw away weather models is to throw away valuable information.

I suspect a professional meteorologist would look at all weather models.

3 Likes

I understand all that but why would I care about Canadian models? I look forward to the editor. Thanks.

1 Like

@jojo it’s not just for Canada sometimes the Canadian model is more spot on. I had a storm hit the US models showed light to no rain Canadian model showed significantly more and was correct. that’s why all forecasters use several models to get the most accurate forecast

1 Like

the models you see are pertinent too forecasting your weather

1 Like

I don’t think you can say “I understand” and “why would I care” in the same sentence :wink:

2 Likes

I understood his point and added that I did not care about Canadian models…that’s how.

Brian’s point is good. I stand corrected.

Thanks

2 Likes