Unable to install widget [SOLVED] (application data on external SD card)

Hello ! I’ve been using this great app for some time, with a fully working widget (Moto G5 with Android 8.1, and Nova launcher).
Yesterday, I did some redesign on my home screen, and removed the widget. When I tried to put it back in place, it was not in my widget list !
I tried removing/reinstalling Flowx or restarting the phone to no avail.
Any idea ?

2 Likes

Can you turn off Nova launcher and use the default launcher to install the widget?

2 Likes

@Hervax Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

When using the “stock” launcher (Launcher3) I have the same list of widgets available. Still no Flowx widget :sob:

1 Like

Hi @Hervax and welcome to the forum!

I also have a Moto running Android 8.1.

I can still see the Flowx widget in the list of widgets that can be added to the home screen.

CAn you take a screenshot of the screen showing all the widgets you can add, including the Flowx widget? Is the FLowx widget blank?

1 Like

@duane
Duane, I am running the Nova Launcher also but on the Samsung A50 and Android 10. I have the widget in the list of available widgets and am able to load it. I am not using it but it is there!

2 Likes

Here is a screenshot of the widget screen. Flowx is not in the list. It goes from Dropbox to Gmail

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can you scroll up where it shows the Flowx widget and share that part of the widget list.

2 Likes

Oh, I just read your comment and notice, yes, there is no Flowx widget.

This is extremely weird.

Ok, try this:

• clear the Flowx app data
  • uninstall
  • reboot the phone
  • reinstall Flowx
  • see if the widget appears.

Also check there are no system updates for the phone. Also see if you can see the widget in the Nova launcher.

2 Likes

SOLVED !
I had moved the application data to the external SD card. After moving the data back into the internal memory, the widget is back :+1:

It seems I cannot change the title. Could an admin add “solved” in there ?

2 Likes

Good to hear. A good example on the many ways things can screw up an app. First time I’ve heard about this.

2 Likes

You made me solve this, with your first advice (clear the app data). It made me realise that I had moved a few apps into the SD card some days ago…

Thanks for the title change :+1:

And of course for the app itself :grin:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

Credit to the busy helpers :slight_smile:

2 Likes