While beating up on 3.222

Morning Duane…
While heavily beating up on 3.222, I’ve found myself (and FlowX) to be stuck in EGM (highly technical term, Extreme Goofy Mode) a few times.
After trying …double tap refresh… …unselect, select troublesome data…
map zooming… map panning… different models… different places…app cache clear…
stop-start app… reboot phone… clean phone…
…is there any other reset trick before dropping the big one with an uninstall then reinstall…???
Thx for all…Cee in NH

2 Likes

@Cee try going to your device settings then apps then Flowx try clearing cache if that doesn’t work try clearing data if you clear app data you will have to set Flowx up again

1 Like

Hi B38…
Good to see you again… and thanks for all your help…
Now onto Data Reset…
In the past with other software or android apps, i have found that if i am going to do a data reset that causes me to setup the software/app from scratch, I might as well nuke it all, clean up the scraps (SD Maid Pro),
and start anew. Makes for a really clean sheet…
Thx again and… You ever make it to Fallon??..Cee

2 Likes

@Cee if you go to Flowx settings you can export your current settings etc. Then after data clear open Flowx go to settings and import. Once in a while I get to Fallon

1 Like

Yes…I bookmarked (thank you) that procedure and have not tried it out yet. This would be a good time to try it out. Thxs for reminding me of export import…
Fallon…spent a few years around there out on the range back in the 90’s… Always loved it and exploring the Lincoln Highway.

2 Likes

@Cee I operate 24+ hours monitoring and reporting for the Pony Express ReRide every year

2 Likes

Sorry to be off topic, but…
I’ll see you at Middlegate Station…
Those were the days…
Bye for now…Cee

2 Likes

Yes, clearing cache doesn’t do much. Clearing data is like reinstalling. Exporting the places and reimporting them is the smoothest way to get back up to the same state. I have thought about automatically storing a backup where “Clear Data” won’t clear but that’s a future feature.

I’ve fixed a few bugs and a new beta should drop in the next 24 hours.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

@duane as Always Thanks for Your Hard Work

1 Like

locus maps pro gps app has an automated backup to goodle drive or dropbox…set and forget

1 Like