Widget not showing all weather providers(Fixed)

Hi, and happy Easter.

I seem to have a bug with my widgets. The app shoes 10 different weather providers as I would expect.

The widget shows 3.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and due to unrelated issues reformed my phone, but I cannot get more than 3 options for the widget.

See screenshots

Many suggestions?

Thanks for any help

2 Likes

@Kai666 odd itā€™s working for me

2 Likes

It could perhaps be related to the location.

When you re-install the app, and then import a ā€œtravel modeā€ location, the app has yet not gotten GPS permission.

Try toggle the ā€œtravel modeā€ off, then on again in the ā€œEdit placeā€ menu, in order to get the pop up asking for GPS-permission.

Perhaps there is a difference in how the app and the widget handle these cases.

2 Likes

Hi,

Try what @Ohan said. The data sources you see depend on the location.

There may be a bug. If we try some other configurations, then weā€™ll have more info.

Cheers, Duane.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. They made no difference still only get the 3.

The strange thing is itā€™s a German weather provider, Iā€™m in the UK so there are other closer providers, but they donā€™t show up.

2 Likes

try different provider

1 Like

@Kai666 Try this, please. Instead of using ā€œMy Locationā€, put the name of your town in that option and see what that does. Hopefully, your town is large enough to appear on the list.

1 Like

OK, so put my exact location in (an area of london) rather than travel mode.

Still only gave me the 2 default providers and DWD ICONšŸ˜•

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have a look into this today. Can you email me the debug log via feedback?

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning a release today so if you can get the be debug log soon, then I can debug this and include it in the release.

2 Likes

Sent.

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Your first location is defaulting to 0 latitude and 0 longitude when you turn on Travel Mode. This means itā€™s not getting the location from your GPS. Have you got location permissions on? Check Android Settings > Apps > Flowx > Permissions.

2 Likes

Hi @Kai666.
Does the issue persist for you?

Really sorry, Iā€™ve been busy and completely forgot to update on here.

Yes all is working fine now. Thank you Duane for your hard work

3 Likes

Glad to hear that!

@duane is the man for the job!
Cheers!