Widgets sync and update

Huawei Mate10 Pro
Android 10
Flowx 3.288 (18Sep 2020) Beta

Minor bug:
Widgets not synced or updating.

3 Likes

@Alex have you tried the usual remove re-add widget clear cache etc.? if those don’t work shake device repeatedly tell it subdues to your needs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes and yes. But no change.
Odd it’s my old Huawei again.:blush:

3 Likes

This is same bug from ages ago with Android 10. Just search “Android 10 widget” on the forum.

It’s still not fixed. I plan to rewrite the widget from scratch. This is a massive job, like weeks.

3 Likes

OK, thanks.

2 Likes

Update V 3.292

Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Android 10

Reload request working OK on single widget.

Multiple widgets do not synchronise on manual reload request.

Edit:
1/ automatic reload does synchronise all widgets.
2/ widget text resizing, in Settings, not working.

2 Likes

Automatic refresh happens to all widgets every 25-35 minutes.

The manual refresh updates just one widget. It is designed to do that.

4 Likes

Some time ago I requested that multiple widget updates be synchronised by a single manual refresh. This was done. Don’t you remember?

https://forum.flowx.io/t/link-sync-widget-reload/599/3

2 Likes

Sorry my memory failed me. Too many things going on.

I don’t think I did it but I might be forgetting. It’ll be on a list somewhere.

I’ll stick to single refreshes at the moment. I don’t like changing too many things in one area at once. And to be fair, I’ll just be happy if the automatic refresh of widgets is working. It’s been the source of much frustration for 1-2 years now.

3 Likes

To update my Android 10 widget I click on the widget and turn up on the main page where you can operate the animation. Once I close that down I am able to do a manual refresh and the widget updates. Personally I wouldn’t be without this app and widget. With or without a fix I will keep this app! Thanks for all your hardwork Duane

2 Likes

@Solent1 Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m planning to open a new widget post soon to collect stats on who is affected. It seems I fixed the issue for some but it caused a new issue for others. It seems to be isolated to some Samsung phones.

Note, the widgets worked well between 2012 and about 2017, then this battery optimization thing in the newer Android has cause havoc.

3 Likes

Just for clarification my battery manager is off. My phone is an odd one, it is an Oukitel , it has a massive battery 8,000 ma and is supposed to be indestructible which is useful for the voluntary work on do on the castle on the edge of the Solent

3 Likes

Hi Duane, having had my Android 10 for a couple of months I have spent a fair amount of time trying to get to grips with the different settings which a lot more sophisticated than my previous versions and I’m not good on technology. However, I have managed to adjust the settings and now the widget updates without any issues. Hopefully this means you don’t need to spend a lot of time rewriting code etc. Cheers Derek

2 Likes

Hey guys, i love the app but am experiencing the same widget problems as described here with an android mobile. Opening the main app via widget and leaving again is also my temporary bugfix, but would be great to have the comfy automatic sync function for the future.

1 Like

Hi!
Which android version do you use?

Ah sorry, should have specified directly:

LG G8s ThinQ
Android-Version 10
Flowx v3.316

2 Likes

I for one do not use the widget.

Samsung A50 running latest Android 10
Latest Flowx version

No problems here (of course)!

2 Likes

Can you check and make sure battery optimization is not turned on for Flowx in the Android Settings?

2 Likes

hi, Duane, it is off!

Remember I do not use the widget.

1 Like