World view (Answered)

What “world view” means in options?

3 Likes

It means you can zoom right out and see the entire world. It reduces downloads if you limit the zoom. But I might remove this setting if not many people use it.

4 Likes

@jorgeabe Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

3 Likes

@duane do you mean that you’ll remove “World view” or just remove the option in settings, so that the possibility to zoom out to see the world is always on.

I for one, would be sad to see the World View disappear.

2 Likes

@Ohan yes if not many people use world view it will be removed. I Really like the option I don’t use it a lot as it does download a lot of data but certain times of the year I use it do to several storm events in different areas. so it would be sad to lose.

4 Likes

@Ohan yes if not many people use world view it will be removed. I Really like the option I don’t use it a lot as it does download a lot of data but certain times of the year I use it do to several storm events in different areas. so it would be sad to lose.

+1; used in stormy weather, really helps with the big picture.

3 Likes

World view (big picture) will remain. Just the setting to stop the app from zooming right out will be removed if it’s not used much. It will simplify the settings and reduce code maintenance.

I like cleaning house now and then.

The amount of data downloaded doesn’t really increase or decrease at certain times of the year. If you want to reduce data downloads, don’t zoom out or zoom right in.

5 Likes

@duane as Always Thanks for clarifying. Keep up the Great Work

4 Likes

Thanks for keeping world view! I use it occasionally to look at the history of where an event started.

2 Likes

@Don Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

3 Likes