Wrong temperature display in graphs

Make & Model of Device: Galaxy S9
Android Version: 10
App Version: 3.292

First, thank you for this great app ! And then, the bug… It’s not always here, sometimes it works, sometimes not. As you can see in the image below, it looks like there is a wrong (very low) initial temperature value in the graph at the transition between Arpege and GFS model, leading to bad scaling and wrong hot front computation.

Thank you !

2 Likes

@remf Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen quite the extreme you’re showing here, but I have noticed strange discontinuities in the cold front/warm front display. I eventually realized that the cold front/warm front is using data from whatever the new model is instead of comparing data between two models.

What I mean is, if you change your data source from Arpege to GFS (so there’s no mid-week model change) do you still see the same discontinuity or was the GFS temp on the previous day really that low?

Not sure if that’s what’s going on here, but just a thought.

2 Likes

This bug is very rare for me and so it’s been hard to catch and fix. It’s extremely difficult to fix something that I can’t replicate.

It’s caused by either an incomplete download or a bug in the code.

Next time you see it, can you change to GFS, then back to Arpege - does this fix it. This will give me a clue.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

Ok thank you for the test hint, I’ll try it next time I’ll see it !

4 Likes

I’ve just got the bug back. Change to GFS then to Arpege does not change anything unfiortunately.
Actually, I didn’t check before but the bug is still there when I use only GFS.

While I was testing other things I manage to get different behaviour changing the city :

From left to right :

• The original bug with only GFS in Toulouse, France
  • In Gaillac, 50 km away from Toulouse, wrong temperature values look a bit increased, except the initial value
  • And in Albi, 75 km away from Toulouse, the graphs looks fine
  • Note also that with the DWD model, temperature values looks good but the scaling is wrong

I don’t know if it will really help… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just created a server in Germany. Are you able to go to settings > servers and set your server to the Europe one - not New York, Closest or test.

You’ll be one of the few on this server so you should see good speeds. Please to let me know if you notice an increase in speed and reduced issues.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

I actually just had this bug show up for me as well. Did we ever find a definitive fix for this?

Here’s what I’m seeing.

1 Like

No, it’s not fixed. It’s a rare bug for me and so it’s hard to fix.

3 Likes

Anything I can do to help debug/troubleshoot?

1 Like

Not really, it’s just one of those bugs that is hard to fix. If you find a way to consistently replicate it, then let me know.

Essentially, you have conditions that increase the chances of seeing this problem - what are these conditions? Could be your phone, your OS, your network, your ISP?? It’s not the servers since others don’t experience this as much. For example, I have not seen this issue on my phones in months!!

I could refresh constantly until I replicate the issue but that would take ages and waste my time.

I just hope it gets fixed through the natural evolution of the code.

4 Likes