Zoomlevel saved for every place

I can accept you argument and take it one step further:

The size of the region that is relevant for a local weather is also depending on the location.

Conclusion: zoomlevel should also be saved for every place.

1 Like

Second that

1 Like

@Ohan @tiwag when I zoom in, out to the level I want that zoom level carries across to all the locations I have added. If you are asking for each area to save different zoom levels that’s going to use a lot of memory depending on how many locations you have

1 Like

Global vs per-place zoom levels is a personal preference hence it should be a setting.

I’m not sure how big a deal it is, i.e., to prioritize it.

3 Likes

@BrianLY-38 it all depends on the personal usage.

When I use flowx for planning a trip with my sailing boat I need mainly wind forecast (force and direction) and wave height and direction within a radius of 50nm to 200nm.

When I use it for driving around rain cells with my motorbike I don’t care the wind force but want to know where It’ll rain in the next hour within a radius of 50km.

When I’m at home I’m interested in precipitation, coverage and air temperature for the next days within 400km radius.

For me it is more useful to save all settings (selected forecast model and which layers are active) and zoom level for each location.
I would also prefer to save the used units to each location.

2 Likes

This feature sounds reasonable.

Do you think this should be a per place setting? or a single setting to save zoom per place or globally?

I think I can add a checkbox in the Edit Place dialog to “Save zoom to place”.

3 Likes

I would say

2 Likes

This is the zoom level I use for all locations.

1 Like

That would be great!

1 Like