Help section is blank on Android app

Hi, I just downloaded this app and I’d like to learn more about how to use it. When I click Help in the main side nav it shows a blank screen with just the page heading “Help”.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Thanks for the report. It seems the website fell over. I just put it upright again.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast response @duane!

I’ve read through some of the help docs and the forum archives but couldn’t find info on this — is it possible to overlay more details on the map? Like state borders and city names etc. I can see the Bronze paid option includes “Extra map styles” but I’m not sure what that entails. The screenshot seems to indicate it may include what I’m looking for, and I guess I could try the 14-day trial. But it’d be nice to confirm that.

I’m also curious if it’s possible to overlay temperatures on the map? Similar to some of the common temperature maps available online, e.g

1 Like

Update: I found another topic that covers adding absolute temperature values to the map, so I added a comment there.

1 Like

The state borders,etc are on the map but they can sometimes get obscured by the data drawn on top.

One day I want to download vector map tiles and draw these any way you want, e.g., borders are drawn on top of the data. But this is a big job down the track.

Feel free to try any subscription level - I’m always happy to refund even after the trial period. May I suggest trying Gold level first - the HRRR data in the USA is amazing with 3km resolution, 15 minute time steps and updates every hour. Be sure to look at the predicted radar in HRRR.

Cheers, Duane.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

I just want to second @duane’s suggestion to look at HRRR if you’re in the US. That alone is worth the Gold subscription. The resolution is absolutely incredible and it’s really helpful to figure out if you need to adjust plans or not based on incoming storms or whatever.

3 Likes