Port to Apple - updates

Hi @Aharrison7,

Yes, I have got Flowx on TestFlight with closed testing, i.e., people within. I think you’re talking about open testing on TestFlight?? For open testing on TestFlight, I need to get Apple to approve the app. I’m just adding the initialization on first open after install and surrounding pages, e.g., add place, settings, help, edit place, etc… so it looks like a complete app for the Apple review. I’m hoping to submit it for review towards the end of Sept.

2 Likes

@Aharrison7 Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

Hi there. I just wanted to thank you for your efforts to port your incredible application to Apple. I have been a Flowx subscriber since January 2019, and while I haven’t been a dedicated android user for quite some time now, I maintain my subscription with you. This is in hopes that it helps your efforts to continue making Flowx the best weather app on portable devices.

I look forward to the release of the new iOS version. In the meantime, should you need any assistance with beta testing, UX design review, etc., I would be more than happy to help. I use Flowx as a marine navigator, airplane pilot, and general weather watcher.

Thanks again.

Pete

2 Likes

Thanks for your continued support Pete.

I’m fixing the final bugs on both Android and iOS. I have a iOS developer helping me with the iOS UI stuff. My aim for this month is to get it to a state we can submit it to Apple for approval and then beta test it. I’m hopeful I can do it but these final bugs are quite painful.

Every day we get closer.

5 Likes

@pgaiger Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

2 Likes

:rofl:I almost see this thread every day, totally unexpected yesterday night I dreamed that Flowx was on the TestFlight and I downloaded it immediately. I found it was as smooth as the android version. I really like it :relaxed:
Good luck to Flowx, and good luck to developers.

3 Likes

Ahhh. Han you had me excited for an update about the app going live as well.

Much like you I’m checking near daily this thread. Wishing for a smooth (and fast) path forward to the iOS app. Thanks Duane and good luck.

3 Likes

Ok, I was going to do this when you posted but my Apple code was broken but now, here it is. A sneak peak of Flowx for Apple in action. There are still many optimizations, polish and features to add.

If there are any Swift/SwiftUI developers watching - I would love to get some advice/help with a few things. I’m hoping that with some advisors around, I might reduce the mistakes I make and get to the finish line faster.

Sweet dreams :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates. It seems it took 20% of the time to get to 80% and 80% of the time to do the last 20%. I’m getting close. I’m hoping to release to Apple review time week. Hopefully, the Apple review goes well but I’m expecting it to take weeks.

Note, what I’m releasing to Apple is the MVP and very basic. It has GFS data and several data types. From this point I will incrementally release features and fix bugs.

7 Likes

Awesome news, thanks so much for the update. Honestly even if it’s “stripped down” in terms of features, gfs is still excellent for a lot of the world (including locally for me). Please continues to update as we can get our hands on the app from apple.

2 Likes

Appreciate that so much, Duane. I personally cannot live without the app, and it’s one of a few reasons I still keep my Android phone around these days. Looking forward to its final release on the app store.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Duane. Can’t wait for the app on iPhone. Switched from android 3 years ago and still miss that app. Keep us posted please.

Matt

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m just coming to crunch part of getting the Apple version working smoothly and need some help with some glitches.

By chance, are there any Apple developers here, especially with Swift/SwiftUI?

Cheers, Duane

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Good news - thanks to Sally. We got approved for beta testing so I can easily add testers for the Apple version. If you’re interested in beta testing send me your email and I can add you to TestFlight – the app for testing Apple apps.

Note, this version of Flowx on Apple is very basic - an MVP. It has GFS with 5 data types. The aim is to catch crashes and find bugs. Although the front-end UI and features looks like it’s 10% done, the back-end code is about 80-90% done. The aim is to catch crashes and find bugs. By adding more features and data sources we create more bugs to find at once which is hard.

I’m optimistic that after this last stage of ironing out issues, features and data sources will get added relatively quickly.

Anyhow, if you’re interested - send me you email.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

Hi Duane, I would like to be a beta tester :slight_smile: After changing to Iphone I can’t live without your GREAT app. I already have TestFlight :slight_smile: and developer account. I’m working as a seaman and b4 changing the phone I was using your app every day.

2 Likes

@Pafnucy7 Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for Using Flowx

1 Like

Added. Feel free to edit your post and remove your email from public view.

2 Likes

Thanks Duane and Sally :slight_smile: great update
Have sent you a dm with my email.
lets goooo!!!

2 Likes

Firstly, it is SO good to have a working version of Flowx on iOS. (Even if thinned down)

Is there any preference on bug report tool?

• this or other forum.
  • email link from app “masterbuilders@“
  • through TestFlight app
2 Likes

Fantastic news! I had been using the gold version of Flowx on Android for years but recently moved to iOS! Would love to test the beta :slight_smile:

2 Likes