Radar automatic refresh not working properly, forced refresh still need

Hi!
I’m on V3.126 and I’ve noticed that while forecasts are automatically reloading, the radar data is not. It requires a forced refresh to be reloaded.

For me this is the case both after zoning to new zoom level, and when starting or restarting the app.

3 Likes

@Ohan Hello and Welcome to the Forum :joy: I’m on the same version it might be a server issue because just a few ago 1:45 am PDT it was doing the same for me had to force refresh however a couple minutes later all is well. Hope You’re having a great week so far

1 Like

It’s happening to me too.

2 Likes

That’s true, it’s the same here.

2 Likes

Possible server and or rendering issue, or grimlins however it’s still working for me without having to force refresh :thinking:

1 Like

But hey , it’s not bad, until this bug can be debugged the force update button works reliable. That’s fine for me!
Most of the time I need a forecast and when I need the radar history it’s no problem to refresh manually. I’m not shure if this isn’t what I would like as standard behavior. Maybe this refresh could be done automatically when activating the radar layer … :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe it depends on different settings or/and the shown area and therefore the used dataservers …
If a log is necessary to analyze that please let me know …

1 Like

+1 :sunglasses:, yes indeed!

1 Like

Hm, that’s odd, that it works for you but not for others.

1 Like

I have the same problem too. I have to force data collection to see radar data.

Version: 3.126

With a large zoom out if you can see the radar data.

Thank you.

3 Likes

@Lince04 Hello and Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for using Flowx

1 Like

It’s either a server issue or how the info is being processed. or it could be the smaller tiles. When I first start Flowx in the morning I do have to force refresh to get Radar after that it works fine, after each zoom It takes approx 5 seconds for Radar to reload.

1 Like

Just remembered I noticed missing tiles in RainViewer which means missing on Flowx as well. Which is leading me to think server /rendering type issue but as you know @Ohan I have a short track on my thought train :steam_locomotive: and frequently derails :joy::joy:

1 Like

I think this might be two separate bug which makes a bug four times harder to debug because they might confound each other.

This is unlikely to be an issue with the server. The server is pretty robust. If you see a server issue with radar, you should see the same with other data sources.

I have noticed sometimes the processing does not process a certain time, i.e., is can appear blank. I’m not sure where this problem originates.

Flowx automatically checks for new data every 200 seconds if radar is turned on, otherwise it checks for new data every 15 minutes. I’ve just checked and this is working.

There might be a bug that when you reopen the app, it doesn’t check for new data. I’ll look into this.

Unfortunately, I don’t have radar where I live so I don’t use it daily. I need to adopt a place and use it more often to see these issues. I’ll try to do this. I need to find something interesting to look at like a hurricane.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: I’m was again I might have to give up on trying to help :joy::joy: Thanks @duane for the Update

Yes I think so too.

Question @duane, is there some sort of timeout that if the radar is not loaded fast enough it gives up and stop trying?

1 Like

Most of the time I launch flowx from the widget, which follows my place then
I don’t get a radar update automatically.
But when I change the saved location from within the app it seems update correctly.

2 Likes

I do the same way, with the same result.

2 Likes

I launch it from the app icon but as mentioned above I only have to force refresh once then it’s good the rest of the day

1 Like

Hi all,

I think I’ve found the issue. I got the same symptoms on a phone I hadn’t opened for a while. Then after about 200 seconds, the time it takes to check for new data, it updated properly.

So this is what I think is happening, when you open the app after a while it doesn’t check for new radar data properly, or it doesn’t update to the new data on first open.

I’ll investigate further.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes